Such a Long Wait! - United Kingdom, GB

Went for my consultation 3 weeks ago after thing...

Went for my consultation 3 weeks ago after thing about it for years, booked the next day for my op which will be 22 jan, spoke to a lady today who had the same op with the same surgeon, now I can't wait, why did I book it so far in advance?? Would go in tomorrow if I could. I've decided not to tell anyone about the op.

Welcome to the tummy tuckers.  I am happy you joined us and I look forward to following your journey.

Had my op 3 days ago, am now at home, and walking...

Had my op 3 days ago, am now at home, and walking around a bit, I can't believe how tired I am,after a shower and hair wash this am I had to sit down and rest for half an hour! I have some serious bruising but my tummy is so flat, another 10 days till the dressing can come off, can't wait to see the new me. I was given painkillers but they have made me so dizzy and nauseous that I'm only taking paracetamol and am not in to much pain.

The hospital (Spire in Bristol) was lovely all the staff were friendly and the surgeon very professional and answered all my questions.
When I'm allowed I'd like to join the gym and go at least 3 times a week, when I went years ago once I got into it I enjoyed it and I need to get that feeling back. I'm also looking forward to buying a pair of trousers that will fit both my tummy and hips.
I'd really love to talk/meet others who have had this surgery just to see how they have progressed and to share experiences.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Mr Wilson

Have only met my consultant once and he was very nice, very calm answered all my questions, good eye contact, and didn't make me feel rushed or pressured in any way, when I spoke to Mr Wilsons secretary she has been lovely, answering my questions, and putting me in touch with a former patient. Will add to my ratings after my op.