Melanage Minipeel (For Hyperpigmented Skin and Melasma) - Bristol, CT

I'm 41 years old and have not been really good...

I'm 41 years old and have not been really good to my skin at least for my first 35 years or so. Too much time in the sun, never wore sunscreen, never used professional skin care products, etc. So, the Melanage Minipeel was an attempt to undo some of the past damage and start with a new skin care regimen. The masque is applied in the office by an aesthetician. You leave wearing the masque and are given a specific time by the aesthetician to wash the masque off. During the process my skin was tingly, slightly red/warm. It was not painful. The following day my skin was tight and red...like a mild sunburn. My skin started peeling 2-4 days after the treatment, I think the 3rd day was the worst appearance wise. You are supplied with a medical-grade home-care kit during your visit and it contains everything you need for skin care during the peel and for the weeks following the peel. My brown spots/melasma have faded and I'm happy with the appearance of my skin now. See below for more details on my experience.

Lafrance Medical Aesthetics

The 600.00 price was a special... if you pay and schedule all 3 peels at once.(4 weeks apart) The peels individually are 265.00. The price also includes a medical-grade home-care kit with everything you need to care for your skin during the peel process and until your next peel. I have not used my regular skincare products (Dermaquest) since I began the peels the beginning of December! It has been a great experience going to Lafrance Medical Aesthetics! Erin the aesthetician was very knowledgeable with the Melanage products and gave me detailed instructions on how to care for my skin at home. She was also very helpful with finding me a sunscreen that I could tolerate...I have never been a fan of sunscreens (which I'm sure contributed to my spots/melasma issue) My skin is naturally oily and putting sunscreen on top of it just makes it feel greasier. Erin gave me several samples of sunscreen to try and I finally have one that works for me. ( Elta MD UV Shield SPF 45 Oil-Free) After each peel I received a phone call the next day and had a follow up appointment so Erin could check on my progress. I took a lot of photos during the process of peeling and I will upload a few here. Over all my skin looks better than ever and I will continue to use the right products/sunscreen to keep it looking good!