Hoping to Go from E-F Cup to C! - Brisbane, AU

Hi! I'm 20 years old from Australia. I am 160...

Hi! I'm 20 years old from Australia. I am 160 cm(5'3), 60 kg (132 lb) and an E-F Cup. Ever since my boobs started heading beyond a DD which was probably 4 years ago now, I've wanted a boob reduction.

It was only last year in November that I began to seriously consider getting a reduction so I went to the doctor and was referred to a surgeon. I only had to wait 2 weeks for my initial consult and once that was done I was booked in for surgery for the 1st of February (it could have been sooner but my surgeon was insistent that I had to stop smoking for 2 months before the surgery).

Just yesterday I received a call from my surgeon to inform me that he could no longer operate on the 1st of February and that I had the choice of pushing the date back or having the surgery done on the 18th of January. I chose the 18th so it's now only 9 days away.

It's all happened very quickly and some people think I've made a very impulsive decision but this is something that I've wanted since I was 16 years old. I have constantly had to forego about 90% of the clothes I would like to wear purely because they do not fit my chest. I also love to run but I feel self conscious due to my large chest bouncing around - not even wearing 2 sports bras can contain them! I also have back and neck pain which I have had for so long that I don't remember what it's like to feel any different. I had a boyfriend for 4 years who rarely ever saw me without a bra on because I hate my boobs that much. I feel like my boobs don't belong on my body. I guess it's what you could call disassociation.

I'm very excited to have the reduction but there is a part of me that is worrying I may hate my boobs even more than I do now with the scarring etc. But the overwhelming response from this site seems to be that it is very much worth it.

Dr Paul Belt

Referral.

Welcome:)  These are all normal feelings so don't let them get the better of you.

My reduction was one of the best things I ever did for myself.  You will feel amazing.  The one thing I really need to stress to you is about the smoking.  Please, please quit...or have you already?

Smoking can really hurt you in the healing process.  You could run into all sorts of problems otherwise.

I am happy for you and look forward to reading your updates.

You are right to have these feeling we all do , things like ... Wil I be happy , am I doing the right thing , what if there to small , is it worth spending the money , how will I recover ??? And lots more , we where or are still feeling these things . But I can say I'm 6 month into my new boobs and I love them now, I could not emagen have to lug huge boobs around now , so I say good luck to you in every part of your healing , xx