Hoping to Go from E-F Cup to C! - Brisbane, AU

Hi! I'm 20 years old from Australia. I am 160...

Hi! I'm 20 years old from Australia. I am 160 cm(5'3), 60 kg (132 lb) and an E-F Cup. Ever since my boobs started heading beyond a DD which was probably 4 years ago now, I've wanted a boob reduction.

It was only last year in November that I began to seriously consider getting a reduction so I went to the doctor and was referred to a surgeon. I only had to wait 2 weeks for my initial consult and once that was done I was booked in for surgery for the 1st of February (it could have been sooner but my surgeon was insistent that I had to stop smoking for 2 months before the surgery).

Just yesterday I received a call from my surgeon to inform me that he could no longer operate on the 1st of February and that I had the choice of pushing the date back or having the surgery done on the 18th of January. I chose the 18th so it's now only 9 days away.

It's all happened very quickly and some people think I've made a very impulsive decision but this is something that I've wanted since I was 16 years old. I have constantly had to forego about 90% of the clothes I would like to wear purely because they do not fit my chest. I also love to run but I feel self conscious due to my large chest bouncing around - not even wearing 2 sports bras can contain them! I also have back and neck pain which I have had for so long that I don't remember what it's like to feel any different. I had a boyfriend for 4 years who rarely ever saw me without a bra on because I hate my boobs that much. I feel like my boobs don't belong on my body. I guess it's what you could call disassociation.

I'm very excited to have the reduction but there is a part of me that is worrying I may hate my boobs even more than I do now with the scarring etc. But the overwhelming response from this site seems to be that it is very much worth it.

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon