65years Old Single Working - Australia, AU

I chose to have a lower jaw face lift as I had...

I chose to have a lower jaw face lift as I had very heavy jowls, People had began to comment on my appearance that I was looking tired/old I wanted to continue working, without being perceived as too old for the job.
The surgeon was recommended to me by a doctor. I trusted him as his results looked excellent. He was confident he could improve my appearance. I stated that less was more for me and I wanted a minimally invasive and requested a small scar under the chin. His response was "That's what you think" he stated jokingly. This is when I should have questioned him further and decided not to continue. I trusted him and the recommending doctor. The anesthetists told me when I was about to go under, this is a huge procedure. I should have questioned her more thoroughly and left.
Procedure done
Post op he was standing by the bed stating he had given me a chin of an 18 year old, but I only wanted my jowls corrected. He then stated he had removed fat from my jaw and transferred it to my cheeks.. This he had never discussed in previous consultations I had had with him. I was shocked and in pain. I couldn't move my neck. To this day I have a stiff neck with limited side to side movement. Cortisone shots have improved this a little. A further shock was finding a huge scar running under my chin from one side to the other. I now have a dent under my chin where fat was removed on the left side of my jaw it has a Cobra appearance with a distinct pull on my cheek, on the right side there is a distinct droop with fold lines and a lump of fat present on that side. This I manage with a hairstyle that covers my jaw line. 2 years on and I know this is going too get worse as I age. And I actually believed in informed consent.
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

The doctor was always courteous & pleasant. Very clear and concise when fees were discussed . Poor communication when discussing the procedure and outcomes.