rhinoplasty dr andrew broadhurst queensland australia

Hi. This is a review for any aussies looking to...

Hi.
This is a review for any aussies looking to get a rhinoplasty done.
i had my surgery done by Plastic surgeon Dr Andrew Broadhurst from Enhance Plastic Surgery at Newstead Queensland Australia.

Dr Broadhurst performed a complex revisonal rhinoplasty on my nose which involved building up the bridge of my nose ,fixing my tip and making it so that my nostrils are not so visable from front on. basically getting rid of that'' piggy nose look''

My previous Queensland based Rhinoplasty surgeon made my nose look too operated on. too small and ski jump like and being a male that is NOT what anyone wants.

Clinic. - Enhance Plastic Surgery
Dr Broadhurst's clinic location is at Newstead which is actually pretty easy to drive too. I was coming from about 40 mins away. it was good to not have to drive straight into the middle of Brisbane and have to pay ridiculous parking fees. Enhance has their own free parking at the back of the building.

The receptionists there are friendly and the nurse Leila is really nice and they seem more than happy to answer any questions.

Dr Broadhurst.
I was actually Recommended to Dr broadhurst by another plastic surgeon who did my otoplasty .

My first consultation with Dr Broadhurst was quiet in depth i think it went for about an hour. During that time Dr Broadhurst Assessed my nose. He asked me what i didn't like about it and then he told me what he thought needed to be done. I like how he did that and we were both on mutual agreement with what needs to be done. Dr Broadhurst took some high detail photos of my nose and then we assessed it on his computer.

Dr Broadhurst also showed me some of his patients before and after photos, in particular previous ones similar to my nose . Some of them are amazing and look even better than the ones on his website.

Dr Broadhurst is very easy to speak too. he answered all my questions without me feeling awkward or like i gave him a dumb question. Ive been to gp's over the years for a general check up or needing a medical certificate for work.and even questioning them they sorta roll their eyes back and give you that ''how dare you question me look im a Dr'....' :. Dr Broadhurst doesn't do any of that.

After having that first consult with Dr Broadhurst i knew i had found my surgeon to perform this procedure. i ended up booking it for 4 months later.

PRICE= would have been about $3000 dollars cheaper if i had of stayed in my Bupa private health fund so i HIGHLY RECOMMEND PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE even if you join up and cancel after the procedure its well worth it.

HOSPITAL. Brisbane Private Hospital - Day surgery. Excellent but thats what I would expect from any private Hospital in Australia.

PROCEDURE :
My Rhinoplasty took about 4 hours it involved harvesting rib cartlidge and fascia scalp grafting and alar batten grafts to my nose making the bridge straighter and my tip not so small and narrow. Ive probably missed out explaining a few things that he also did I'lhave to double check with Dr Broadhurst on my next consult.

AFTER THE PROCEDURE : I went home and rested for a week before the splint and cast was taken off at 7 days post op,.I was also given after care instructions , a script for antibiotics and pain medication . My nose doesn't hurt at all, the rib is just a bit sore but nothing that panadeine forte cant fix.

So far im day 11 post op and nose is pretty darn swollen stil,l which i expected being a revison and the complexity of the work done.,plus i have thick oily skin so i know its gonna take 3-6 months to start seeing the swelling fully go down and 1 year to see final results.
scar is barely noticeable under my nose and scar on rib is nice and flat.

At the moment Im just relaxing taking it easy ive got 6 weeks off work Im doing a lot of movie watching and staying up late watching the soccer world cup . Dr Broadhurst gave me a cast to wear on my nose when sleeping to protect my nose from bumps i have to wear this for 6 weeks.

Ill start putting some photos up in the next couple of months once the swelling has improved.

So far I'm really happy with the results and very glad that i was recommended to Dr Broadhurst. as i thought i was going to have to travel oversees ie USA to get my nose fixed.

Update on Rhinoplasty with Dr Broadhurst.

It's nearly been 2 weeks since surgery and ive noticed swelling go down by at least 75 percent.
rib doesnt hurt at all
I'm so glad your swelling is going down! Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf. I'm sure your review will really help other Aussies looking into rhinoplasty. We'd love to see your photos sooner rather than later – they also increase engagement on your review. :)

Please keep us updated as you continue to heal.
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Very happy I was Recommended to Dr Broadhurst His rhinoplasty Before and after photos of his patients speak for themselves and show the quality of his work. .