Dr Hugh Bartholomeusz, TriRhosen Cosmetic Procedures, Brisbane Australia

Over the last year i have noticed considerable...

Over the last year i have noticed considerable slackness in my eyelid skin. It was getting to the point that the skin was touching my eyelashes. It made me look very tired and older than my years. I decided to have something done about it as i couldn't ever wear eye make up as there was little point due to the amount of slack skin in the lid area.
I am about to turn 40 years old and aside from slackness issues with the skin on my face, the eyelid skin was a major issue for me and i think having this procedure done will make a marked difference with regards to that tired look people have with hooded eyelids.
I have been on this site for many months looking for a good surgeon however there are few reviews from people who have had treatment in Brisbane. I found Dr Bartholomeusz on the internet not before contacting most of the surgeons around Brisbane who charge between $1800-$4000 for this simple procedure. Obviously the hike in price reflects the difference between having the procedure done under a local or a General. Dr Bartholomeusz offers this procedure under a local and it takes approximately one hour. I chose Dr Bartholomeusz obviously because the price is very competitive and he has a lot of experience as a Cosmetic Surgeon. When i met him initially i knew immediately i would go with him because there was no fluffing around. He didnt try to sell the procedure to me, just told me what he could do and thats good enough for me.
The initial consultation with Dr Bartholomeusz took about half an hour, he asked what i wanted, i told him and he said okay, lets book a date. I said him that i wanted to be able to see the platform that had once been my eyelids. He was realistic in that he said each person is different but that the excess droopy skin would be removed. He explained how this procedure was done, its simplicity in terms of duration and recovery. The waiting time was about 4 weeks but i chose to wait a little longer.

On the day of the procedure i arrived, did not have to wait for long at all, was taken into a surgical room by the Registered Nurse. I lay down on the table, Dr Bartholomeusz marked the eyes, injected some local and then began. The needles were fine, there was a little sensitivity closer to the inside corner of the eye but nothing unbearable. Once the local was injected the RN put ice packs on the eyes to help with swelling. The only part of the procedure i found slightly uncomfortable was when the skin was removed, it felt more strange than anything, however when the stitches were put in on the corner of the eye it stung a little but nothing dramatic. Then the procedure was over, ice pack on the eyes and home.

I was not nervous or worried about this procedure, needles do not concern me and the fact that Dr Bartholomeusz was so relaxed and confident and has a very good reputation amongst the medical community, there was nothing to be worried about. During the procedure Dr Bartholomeusz and his Nurse talked with me and answered my questions, it was very relaxed.

Recovery has been great, i must admit the first two days were fairly uncomfortable and as i have a toddler at home, it was difficult to sit around feeling sorry for myself with icepacks glued to my lids. I wouldnt consider driving on the day of surgery, your eyes feel like giant tennis balls and there is quite a bit of pressure. Lying down as much as possible with icepacks is extremely helpful and a great relief.
Once i hit 3 days post i could pretty much do everything i was doing before except heavy exercise, although im now doing my normal exercise routine with no issues. AFter a few days my eyes started itching incredibly, but now after nearly 6 days its much much better.

Aesthetically, i have platforms. My giant hoods are gone and i can see my eyelashes. Im very happy with the results. Sure there is a little bruising and swelling plus a little bumpy skin but the folds will eventually hide the scars and ive no doubt the scars will disappear.

The staff at the front desk are very friendly and genuine, there is a very nice atmosphere. The RN is very friendly and knowledgeable. I will be returning to Dr Bartholomeusz in the future.
Ipswich Plastic Surgeon

Very happy, this Doctor knows his stuff, doesnt mess around and is realistic as far as outcome is concerned.

Hi, I was wondering if you had any before and after photos you could upload please. I'm looking at have blepharoplasty done by Dr Bartholomeusz
Wow, you were conscious during your op! I had twilight sedation, which I thought was also called local, but I was totally knocked out. I still haven't got back to exercise but it's been a month, so I should! $1200 for both eyes is a great price, so good for you :)
hi, yes i dont like the thought of a general and this procedure is quite straightforward. THe price is awesome, i think he could do it with his eyes closed. Are you really happy with your results so far?
Yeah, I am mostly. Still feel the outer lids are a little bigger/wider than the middle of the lid, if you know what I mean. And my lashes growing back on my right eye are a bit straight, rather than curling upward, but I'm waiting for the new ones to come through. Overall I know I look more refreshed, & I'm so pleased to be able to wear eyeliner and have it seen!
Sounds like you are having a great experience so far with a speedy recovery, congrats!
Thanks Jill, yes im very pleased.