Depressed and Scared After CC Revision. Not Sure What to Do. Advice Welcome. -Brisbane, AU

Hi girls, I'd really love some advice from anyone...

Hi girls, I'd really love some advice from anyone who went through an explant. I've hated having implants for a long time now, but didn't really think having them out was an option. After seeing you all and reading your stories, I'm dreaming of doing it too. I just don't know what they're going to look like if I do.

Over the years, I've experienced some upsetting negative comments about my "fake breasts", which made me feel very embarrassed and ashamed. I wish I wasn't a sensitive person and didn't care what people said, but I am. Sadly, it's the reason I got implants to begin with. My mother and friends would tease me about my "little boobs". They made me feel like I was somehow defective and "less than". I was 24 years old when I had the initial surgery and am now 42.

I had CC in both breasts for many years but was too scared to fix them. Finally I got up the courage to have the revision (5 weeks ago), but it didn't go as I planned. I went into surgery thinking they'd be teardrops, only 10% bigger and that the incision would be underneath. Unfortunately, I woke to find they're round, 20% bigger and PS went through the areola again. What makes this even more upsetting is that he'd always planned to do it this way, he just didn't tell me. When questioned about them being round he just said that "he knew he could make them look teardrop anyway. What?? I feel so stupid for trusting someone completely with my body. To make matters worse, they're now moderate profile, so the extra width makes them look double the size they were.

I can't stop crying, as I'm unsure what to do next. I want them out before the bigger implants stretch the breast tissue any more that they already have, but I can't make a decision about what to do next. I wouldn't have a clue what size they'd be or how saggy explanted. I'm posting some pics of what they look like now. I've also taken a few of me pinching the tissue around the implant to show how much is my own breast. I'm wondering if any of you ladies can tell me if you had a similar amount of tissue and what size they ended up being after explant. I've read that implants can thin the tissue out and am scared there's nothing left under these big bazookas.

As others have said, don't let fear keep you from moving ahead with what your "gut" is telling you to do. It's obvious that you are very self-conscious with the implants and even more so now. I let fear keep me from having them removed years ago and am only now ready to make this move. The support from the women on this forum has been immeasurable to me. Seeing their very intimate and personal journeys is what has helped me gain the courage I need to make a healthy choice. My consultation is scheduled for April 12th (one week from tomorrow!) and I hope to schedule surgery as soon after that as possible. Best of luck to you--listen to your heart!
Hi Sovran, You have beautiful natural breast under there. Don't be afraid to be natural again. Your skin looks like it has great elasticity and you have great nipple placement. I wouldn't hesitate for one second. Make sure that the surgen removes the capsules, very important. Look at my last pic of my implant and capsules. It's yucky. You'll be happy to get them out and you are not going to feel any different a year from now. You will just have wished you had done it sooner. We are all here to support you! These ladies on here are awesome. Your not alone. Keep us posted Sweetie. Big Hugs, Birdie
Hi, What a cheeky PS, I'd be so angry. Don't get me wrong they look good but also big, and if that's not what you wanted hes been very naughty. If you really are unhappy with them, tell him that you want him to do what you asked and PAID him for, or to do a straight explant (if thats you want) As for people judging you - sod them! My mum and family used to laugh about my lack of boobs and then when I had implants they still made fun of me. Sometime you just can't win! Mind you my mum was upset that I had implants and fully supported me during my removal and has now told me that I'm perfect as I am. Better late than never! I really don't think they realised at the time the harm that they cause esp when you dislike a part of your body! x

Today I'm pretty hung up on what size I am...

Today I'm pretty hung up on what size I am underneath these things. Yesterday I saw a PS about explanting (still only 6 weeks post CC revision). After pinching my skin and having a feel around, she said I'd only be an A cup and I'd be very unhappy with what they'd look like explanted. When I was 24 years old my original PS told me I was a B cup, but after looking at some old photos I don't know. I'm going to see if he has a pic of my real breasts before putting in my first implants. I have a vague memory of one being taken and me cringing lol but that was 18 years ago, so I can't be sure if it really happened. I posted some old preimplant pics with clothes on (don't have naked photos... I was a good girl haha). What do you ladies think? Big A or small B??

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Can't understand how they could only be As now,...

Can't understand how they could only be As now, considering the extra 18 pounds I've gained over the years. Worried the implants and capsular contracture thinned out what little breast tissue I had. Hope that's not the case :-(

Do you still have capsular contracture? Your breasts look very nice. You can do alift at the same time but to,will be very unhappy within explanat. Maybe a downsize to 300ccs and a internal bra maybe? To prevent scaring?
Hi again, ok I just read your new post. I can send you a pick of me pre implants I am built very similar to you and I was a AAcup I had 380cc's for 23 years. I'm now 50 and my breast are a full Bcup now. I had the lift as well, but you have much more natural breast than me. If I were in your shoes I would not get anything else put in. I would buy a very good compression bra and were it all the time after your explant and give your skin a chance to tighten and give your breast the chance to fill in and fluff. Your body is very beautiful and you are toned like me. You have lots of muscle which will help as well. I'll see if I can scan a bathing suit photo of me pre boobs so you can see how flat I was. Your going to laugh. Smile and be Happy your well on your way. ;)
Dear Sovran, You are such an exceptional looking female that your focus shouldn't even be on your breast. Most people would do anything to have your looks, body, smile, hair and that's just the outside. Why are you so worried about your boobs honey? Is this the universe sending you a test? Even if your boobs are flat can you love yourself enough with flat boobies? Can you love yourself unconditionally? Remember you are love you are light and underneath the flesh and bone you are spirit and you are perfect. So, be focused on your perfection and give thanks for all that you do have and all the rest will fall into place. No one can give you the secret pill to make it all go away, just face your fears and be fearless. You can do it. Push those negative feelings out, fear is an illusion. It's from all the years of brainwashing that we all had. You are awesome and you are perfect. Love yourself through this journey and prevail. Hold your head up high and don't look back. Live for the now moment and make it count. Breath and Trust your Heart. I'm here whenever you want to write me. Sending your much Love and Strength. Your Friend, ttBirdie

Forgot to mention that I haven't had any children...

Forgot to mention that I haven't had any children and didn't breast feed (I had two miscarriages both around 4 1/2 months).

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sorry, girls, just realised that ten preimplant...

Sorry, girls, just realised that ten preimplant photos was probably a tad obsessive. After 18 years, I'd almost forgotten what they looked like. Up 'til now I've resisted the urge to get a Facebook page, because it always seemed so time consuming. But it looks like I got me a "Faceboob" one instead. How the hell did that happen? My boobs are definitely all in your face here, that's for sure ;-)

Your breasts look perfect to me. I want results just like yours!
Wow... Your body was unbelievably perfect, what a knock out natural beauty! I have stopped myself from making a pre-implant montage because it would depress me too deeply, but I am currently making a post-explant montage and so excited and happy for my future now that I got them out :D Thanks for posting all your pics, it was so relatable and brought back a flood of memories for me as I was 23 yr old with 12-15% body fat and very active in fitness when I put implants in. Your pictures of your pre-implant body express what a lot of us went through who implant when we are very young and fit. We think there is something wrong with us having small boobs but of course we have small boobs because we also had washboard abs and low body fat and were so young! Many of us got into implants this same way. Some of these girls are getting their implants out right away and bouncing back to almost identical to pre implants. For us who have had implants longer it is a big leap to consider explant after many life changes. As someone who made the jump, I tell you honestly it's not that bad. Deciding/obsessing/finding a surgeon/waiting for surgery all suck. Once the implants and the weight, hardness, etc come out it gets better every day!
Oh - by the way, your body is still pretty perfect! It's just you never needed the implants to begin with. :(( You look like you are still very fit and petite.