Botox First Session and a Few Days In...- Brighton, England

So I have been off work for eight months now with...

So I have been off work for eight months now with daily headaches and debiliting migraines on top. I have tried anything and everything under the sun to cure this. I was diaognosed with medication overuse headaches and had to detox on all triptans and pain killer so now im on week thirteen with nothing!! I had the botox three days ago and on day two I had a massive migraine. Is this normal? I am praying that this treatment will work as I cant face living with these daily headaches anymore. Ive lost my whole life. When does everyone find this starts to work?? Thanks Christie
I am sorry to hear about your horrible experience. I have suffered for years w/ Migraines and tension headaches. I also had to cut my medication back but not to your extreme --- I would only use medication a couple times per week. Usually over the counter. I have tried just about every medication to prevent and stop migraines with no relief. I had the Botox for Migraines by my neurologist in October of this year. I was miserable the first day as my head hurt all over - I guess I did not realize the injections would hurt so much. I have had a few flare ups where an injection site on my neck hurts, I have had 2 migraines since the procedure. I still have some tension headaches but that is due to my work and stress. As time goes everything seems to be improving. I sure wish you the best of luck.

I'm sorry you are having such debilitating migraines, my heart goes out to you.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but check it out:

You can look at the Botox for Migraines forum too.

A common side effect after is headache and neck stiffness. I had both and was miserable. The headache went away after about a week and the neck stiffness lasted about 2 wks. I have had a lot of problems though and will not get botox again. I have read a lot of reviews and some people really think that it helps and some don't. I hope that your experience turns out well and you get some relief. Take care!
Dr Sue Lipscombe