Laser Resurfacing - Brentwood, CA

I had this done all around my mouth because of...

I had this done all around my mouth because of wrinkles.It took the wrinkles off OK but now I lost all color in that area & my skin is pure white & the rest of my face is a pink cast. I look like a freak.Have to cover it with makeup every day. This was done 2006.Don't know what kind of laser that was used.

I am still unhappy with how my face looks with...

I am still unhappy with how my face looks with white skin all around my mouth & chin area. Too late now. Didn't realize this would happen. I wasn't told. Its a burn scar pure & simple. The color won't come back. 02/12/2011 Sorry with this report but its true.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I have to say yes & no on this, wrinkles are gone but so is the color in my skin.

I have lines on my upper lip that have bothered me my adult life. I have been to multiple docs and aestheticians, and have been told as far back as thirty years ago (when all they had were chemical peels and dermabrasion)that you can't "spot treat". It's a shame that happened. Terrible that he didn't tell you...because he most definitely knew.
That isn't a burn. You have hypopigmentation. Your doctor should have forewarned you during the consultation that EVERYBODY is at risk for hypo/hyperpigmentation.