55 Yr Old... Disappointed over Juvedern Voluma for Cheeks - Brentwood, CA

So disappointed over Juvederm Voluma. Recently...

so disappointed over Juvederm Voluma. Recently had 1 syringe injected in both my cheeks to replace loss of plumpness. i'm a Native American woman with high cheekbones which had always been an enhancement to my face. over the years, the fullness is gone. Thinking properly placed Juvederm Voluma would help return my cheekbones to their former glory. Well the joke was on me. The product does not live up to the hype. after the injection, it looked good, after the swelling subsided after a few days, it was as if nothing was done. i went back and received 1 more syringe, 1 half in each side. After the swelling, i have increased nl folds and it seems the product dropped near my nose. It's terrible. i look older than I did before the procedure. i called Allergan, reported the problem. they told me in the clinical trials did have some patients where the filler migrated, and did not stay in the original injesction site. why wasn't i warned? Maybe if I knew there was a risk of it migrating, I would've reconsidered. I've made another appt for next week, I'm going to see if maybe Restylane, which appears to be a thicker product will help.

Horrible Results and huge Waste of $$$

went back to the office today. Terri, the RN who's been working with confirmed the Voluma did drop near the center of my face next to each side of my nose. Which created new NL folds. she would administer 1 syringe of Restylane to both sides of my NL folds. my cheekbones look terrible and just look droopy and heavy. the NL folds are somewhat gone, I could've used more. Just know the risks of J Voluma, the injector can do a poor job and the result is the stuff drops with gravity and pools down your face. I look worse than I did before. I also called Allergan and reported the issue. they actually confirmed in clinical trials the product had migrated to other areas. Why wasn't I warned? that's all I'm saying. They should've allowed me the chance to decide whether I accepted the risk. So extremely disappointed!!!
Terri

Oh the product has not migrated. It is your injector's mistake.
To pull up and highlight naturally high cheekbones the product need only be put along the cheek bone near the ear. Your product has been dumped at the bottom of your cheek bone in the lower midface with the result it has sucked your face down and inwards. Does it look fatter and rounder? Have your features lost some definition? Do you look a bit cat-like when you smile? If you look at your face in a mirror from underneath when you are smiling low does it looked stretched across rather than pulled up? If yes to all my questions then it is not the product, it is the placement. It is working against your face not in harmony with it. Be careful with any dissolving as hyaluronidase damages your natural tissue. If you don't absolutely hate it then wait it out. There will be significant changes after 3 and 6 months.
I'm sorry you are having a negative experience with Voluma.  Let us know how your upcoming appointment goes.