So Excited for Itty Bitty Titties!!

Like many others I have been stalking this website...

Like many others I have been stalking this website for a couple of months. I have learned a lot about what to expect and read great advice regarding things to promote healing. I am ready to get this done!

I started wearing a bra in 4th grade and remember being teased as others were not yet wearing bras. They seem to keep growing as have gone from 36C in my early 20's to 34I at 44. I have always disliked my breasts as they get in the way and they got me noticed more for looks than the fact that I am actually smart and have a brain. I have been asked many times if they are real and once I heard a lady say to her husband "they are fake" as he was gawking at me. Hello rude lady, I can hear you. My profile name is a nickname that was given to me in my single days by the bartender at a restaurant we frequented. ???? That was one of many throughout the years.

I am a small frame of 5ft 3 and currently weigh 155 lbs. I need to cut some extra lbs however my normal size is 4/6 but currently wear a size 8. Even when down 15 lbs my bra only changed 1 cup size.

All clothing has to fit my boobs. No strapless, no spaghetti straps, or string bikinis, etc etc etc. Good bye to looking pregnant or "fat" due to the tent affect.

In the last year I have developed significant back pain in shoulders and neck which led me to begin chiropractic treatment. I learned that I have begun to lose the cervical curve in my spine and I have also developed a bone spur in the cervical spine. In addition, I get a massage once a week due to high work stress however I believe my pain has been more related to the boobs. Pain, pain is gonna be going away.

I have always wanted a breast reduction and decided that it was going to be my 45th birthday present to myself I assuming it would not be covered by insurance. I am not even sure what made me ask, but I work in health insurance and decided to have one of our nurse reviewers provide me with the criteria for medical necessity. I was blown away when I saw it. I more than met it. So, I scheduled a consult with my plastic surgeon and off we went. Insurance approved and it is scheduled for 3 weeks from tomorrow. Happy Dance!!

I am so excited and I believe it is going to change my world. Bralettes, strapless, no bra, spaghetti straps, and pain free living here I come.

My desire is to be a full B cup. My biggest fear is they will end up larger than I want so I am telling my PS that I want itty bitty titties. I am wearing that string bikini on my Mexico vacation in September.

As I review my post I see where I talk more about all of the superficial reasons I am happy about the surgery. There are so many emotional reasons as well, and to those of us that carry or have carried this burden, you know what those are just as I do. The scars will forever remain to remind me of the journey. Not that it ends, it will just be a different journey of emotional healing and wholeness.

Before pictures

Before pics front - 2 weeks until Surgery

Surgery is 2 weeks from today. Starting to have more anxiety. I know I am doing the right thing for me. Just nervous as I have never been under general anesthesia nor had to stay at hospital for any length of time. All will be fine. Started my pre op vitamins from Makemeheal.com yesterday. Just trying to be as healthy as possible.

Before - front view

Surgery is 1 Week away

I had my pre op appt. with my surgeon today. On the final count down. He feels he can get me to a C but a B is unlikely. I am very pleased and feel better about my expectations. I know that anything will be better for my neck and back.

So, 7 more go to sleeps. Yippee

Tomorrow is the day!

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow is the day. What a flood of emotions I have had the last couple of weeks and with more intensity the last 2 days. Scared, excited, nervous, etc. I know all will go well. It is just hard to believe that the boobs who have defined me often (not by choice) are about to forever change. I cannot wait for the pain relief.

I did burn 2 of my main bras tonight. Lol. Am done with those things!

Thinking positive, happy thoughts. Will post updates as soon as possible.

Thanks to all for your stories and helping me know what to expect. So much great info and advice.

On the other side....

All went well. Doc removed 600 grams on each side. Am in room resting. In a little pain but meds are starting to kick in. Other than having some kind of reaction to a pain med they put in IV and them having to start a new IV which took 5 times because veins kept blowing, all is grand. From what I can see boobies are high and tight. Will post pics soon. Thanks all for your encouragement. This community really has made a difference for me.

A few pictures - day of surgery

1 day post

Doing very well. Tolerating pain with Extra Strength Tylenol. Been taking my Arnica and post surg vitamins with Bromelian.

Day 2

Did take pain meds last night so I would sleep. Slept all night. Hubby and I took a short walk this AM and then washed my hair. Woohoo. The simple pleasures of life. Lol. Have not taken anything for pain today yet. It is very tolerable. I have been nicely surprised by this. Main pain is just soreness and tenderness at incision sights and from bruising on sides.

I am extremely happy with the results thus far. I keep stopping in front of the mirrors to check out my new look. I don't look preggers and actually am a small frame despite some of the extra lbs. it is really amazing and sad how my body image was so impacted by those big things. On to a new chapter.

Again, thanks to all. A fabulous community!!! For those considering breast reduction or waiting on your big day; all the anxiety and up and down feelings is completely normal. Don't hesitate, don't second guess. You won't regret it. And my back pain and headaches......have not had a single bit of that pain. I didn't believe it at first but it is true. GONE. Best thing I have ever done and like all before me....why did I ever wait.

Day Post Op

Took a shower today and that felt great!! Incisions were more tender after but totally tolerable. I am still amazed at what an easy recovery this has been. I really think it has a lot to do with the Arnica and Bromelain. Get that stuff ladies. You will be glad you did.

Day 4

Recovery continues.......Went out to breakfast with my hubby this morning and then to the grocery store. Have been relaxing lots which I find necessary after the ventures away from home.

Boobies are starting to itch a wee bit which I take as a good sign of healing. I can tell swelling is slowly going away as boobs are beginning to relax and soften more. That's where I find the incisions underneath to become more uncomfortable. The weight of breasts on the incisions. I find myself holding them when I walk and ride in the car. Protecting these babies.

My husband says I look really different. He has been very sweet and supportive which is really important. He took off work to be with me all week and even slept overnight with me at hospital (he did actually sleep a little but had to go to Chiropractic the next day because he was in pain from sleeping on the little mini bed).

I saw my parents today also and my mom wanted to see the boobs. Showed her and then she said that I had lost weight in tummy. I told her I hadn't, it was the boobs. She was confident I had lost but I continued to tell her it was truly only the boobs. LOL.

I highly recommend using nursing pads in your support bra while healing. Inexpensive and very effective. Great for reducing irritation and absorption of any drainage. I use one over each nipple and 1 on each side. I do use surgical pads underneath each breast. All keep bra for rubbing and are very comfy.

Recommended items for pre and post op......
-Makemeheal.com - pre and post surgical vitamins
-Arnica - liked the convenience and easy directions on product from Makemeheal.com
-Bromelain (in the post surg vitamins)
-Nursing pads
-Extra large surgical pads
-Paper Towels for blotting/drying after shower
-antibacterial hand sanitizer in lots of places for everyone to use.

Lastly, for now anyway, get as healthy as you possibly can. I have to tell you guys I was a social smoker and enjoyed my adult beverages. I stopped smokes completely 5 weeks before surgery and did not drink anything for 2 weeks prior. Have not consumed since either and won't for a while. Not good for healing. Not smoking either. That's something that needed to go and frankly could have made my healing process a disaster. The other thing I did was started juicing and making sure to get lots of dark green leafy veggies and good lean protein. For great and easy juicing recipes checkout juicerecipes.com. Beginner Greens is my fav.

So, I was not in the best shape or best health but you can make some easy and quick changes that will definitely help aide in your recovery.

1 week post op

Off to see PS this AM for my first follow up appt. All is going well. I have learned I can go for a couple of hours and then must nap. Being sure to get lots of rest. My hubs and I have blown threw 4 seasons of Breaking Bad. LOL

2 weeks

2 weeks post op. All continues to go well. Got back to work this week. I am fortunate to be able to work from home so I have worked at home and some at the office to help make the transition a little easier. Even though I can tell my energy level was pretty much back to normal by last weekend I did find myself a little tired after all the interaction at the office today.

Had follow up appt with PS today. He is pleased with my healing. He removed tape and trimmed some sutures. He did put on new tape as he fells this helps to keep the incisions flat. I do have some skin separtion under the left breast which is very normal. He did leave that place exposed and is having me apply neosporin and a fresh band aid daily. It is definitely tender there. He said I could do light cardio. Nothing strenuous and no weights. I am trying to walk each day.

Next check up is in 2 weeks which will be 1 month post op. Hard to believe it has already been 2 weeks. Trying to be patient on the healing process. Really anxious to know and see what final results will be. So far so good. I am very pleased.

3 weeks

It was back to work in the office this week. Doing well. Just trying to get back in the grove which I have not been real motivated to do. Kind of liked that time off and then working at home with limited interruption. So productive.

Still healing nicely. Swelling continues to diminish. Zingers have increased this week and oh my gosh are my nips sensitive. Almost irritating at times but frankly I will take it since they were pretty much dead prior to surgery.

Will update next week at 1 month - wow time flies. Also have followup with doc then.

4 weeks

Had the 1 month (4 weeks to day) follow up. All tape removed. Once the place under my left breast has healed he said to begin massaging Mederma on scars. I also have silicone sheets I will use. All restrictions lifted. Can lift weights and run if I want. He said I couldn't do any damage to anything but if it doesn't feel good to not do it. Tried some tricep dips and am not ready for that. Too much pull on the sides. Push ups were ok - only eekd out 2 just to see how it felt. Have been walking and am ready to run however I am apprehensive due to bounce. I will probably give that more time.

Swelling continues to come down. Just takes time. It is neat seeing pics of the progress from week to week.

Interestingly I have probably had the most discomfort over the last couple of weeks than any other time due to the tightening of incisions and some crazy zingers. All tolerable. Still not comfortable sleeping on sides because skin pulls as you shift around and the girls are moving more. Has definitely gotten better though. Sometimes it felt like the tape was the only thing holding them up and now that the tape is off it really feels like it helped. I don't want them to fall. Lol. It's nice not having them lying on the rib cage.

Back to doc in a month. ????

2 Months Post Op

Wow, it's been 2 months. Recovery has been fantastic. They have really softened and dropped since last check in. Saw doc today and he said they probably won't drop anymore. They are still a little boxy but they just continue to improve. Treating scars 2 times daily with Mederma or Pro-Sil silicone scar treatment. Also continue to use silicone patches.

I am happy with the results. Like most posts I read it would be nice to have them a tad smaller and firmer however what a difference. I cannot complain.

I have been enjoying all the cute summer tops; spaghetti straps and strapless. Loving it. Lots of fun. I need to quit spending money on bralettes. Lol.

I did try jogging a couple of weeks ago and had some discomfort. And especially the next day. Still lots of internal healing going on. Haven't tried again. Need to. Was also dong push-ups etc and then I injured my shoulder in a tumble. Could have been much worse. Very fortunate. And the girls were not harmed. I can tell you that my shoulder pain was far worse than any pain from this surgery.

I will check in again in a month. Best wishes to all those with upcoming surgery. For those considering it, DO IT. You will be so glad you did.

Stomach!

I see several comments about this and forgot to mention.....yes, all I see now is my stomach. Amazing how those boobs hid it. That was the only positive about big boobs. Hee Hee. Got some work to do.
Dr. George Lawson

You do look great and I am optimistic seeing how you are healing. I am 3 weeks post op and healing well so far. Waiting for the aching and swelling to keep lessening each day. If I overdo one day, I definitely pay the next. It's the hyper sensitivity and stinging that seems to be the worst right now! Third day, I was eating soup and spilled some on myself. It landed on my stomach and not my chest! It's the little things that amaze me! I can't wait to get back in the gym either. As you mentioned, it was never a concern that my stomach would stick out further than my boobs but now I'll need to watch it! They said no push ups for now and no running till my two month check up. Keep us posted on how all of that is going. And enjoy clothes shopping! I can't wait!
Push ups?!? Wow, I'm impressed! So glad to hear things are going well for you. You look magnificent (and sorry, but if I had your tummy, I'd be pretty thrilled!).
i found the surgery a great incentive to lose weight and get fit. i have joined a gym for the first time in my life and am loving it
Definitely agree. Glad your enjoying the gym. Thanks for all your encouragement and contributions to this community.
Wow. You do look great. Thank you for sharing. As of today I am officially in the itty bitty club. I even said the same thing as you, I can now see my tummy, & yes i have some work. But maybe now will be easier. Pain management for me is going well. I am just finding I am swelling. I never received any post op instructions regarding swelling, but I am assuming this is normal. My left side more than the right. I haven't posted a profile. But maybe this week I will do so. As of today I am thankful for choosing a BR & I can only hope to do as well as you. Congrats on a successful surgery!
Thank you. Congrats to you as well. The swelling is totally normal and my right side stayed more swollen than the other. Try the Bromelain for swelling. It really helps. Just remember it takes time. I still have a day here and there when I can tell they swell some. Just depends on my activity level. Look forward to your profile.
You look amazing! I hope my surgery and recovery goes as well!!!
Thank you. I am sure it will be great for you.
It looks like you are healing Nicely !
Gorgeous!
Amazing results.
You look great! Glad to hear your restrictions gave been lifted. I look forward to that in a couple of weeks.
Looking good. I'm having concerns about working out after my surgery. I think it is best to ease your way into weight lifting. Maybe use barbells for now.
You look lovely
sensational result and stopping smoking is a thank you present from your boobs!!!
Congrats on your transition. You look like you are healing nicely.
Thank you!
Congrats~~ To be on the lighter side of things Welcome to the ittybittytittycomitty club
One week from tomorrow is my day!! I love reading your comments and hope to take a lot of your experiences with me!
Thank you. So happy for you. Best wishes. It will be great.
I went all natural LOL nothing I took pain pills two days and then nothing on my inscions my body is healing from the inside to the outside so I am only 6 weeks post opt I cant wait till 4-6 months out!! NO creams no lotions extra strength Tylenol here or there .Good luck to you!!!! You will soon join the IttyBittyTittyComitty!!!!!!
I have alway wanted ittybittytittys. To put on what ever I want
Its simply amazing I always wander why there are lightly padded this and that I can wear them and keep my headlights from coming on IM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!! I might need to check on tummy tuck LOL see how much it will cost or I have back issues maybe I can tighten up my abs LOL at my age Not sure its worth it But my breast reduction was medical necessity due to neck back shoulder pain I have had two fusions in my neck and trying to save the last 3 remaining the have wear on them as well took 3 pounds off all together!!!!!! I am IttyBittyTitty :)
Your looking amazing how are you doing!!!