My Experience - San Diego, CA

I was nervous and excited as I began to research...

I was nervous and excited as I began to research getting breast implants. I am tall, have little body fat, and had very small breasts...especially after nursing. While I didn't feel I needed surgery to feel attractive or feminine, my husband and I loved the "nursing" breasts. After nursing, I had tried a variety of supplements and "natural" alternatives to breast enlargement to no avail. My husband and I carefully considered and researched the risks and benefits of surgery. I highly recommend doing careful research, especially when it comes to an experienced surgeon...it can make all the difference. I feel truly blessed to have found Dr. Pousti.

Going into surgery, I felt confident that he totally knew what he was doing and would do the best job. Now four months after surgery, I can attest to his expertise firsthand. My husband and I are thrilled with the results...much better than even nursing breasts! I wanted a very natural look that fit my body type. Striving for a modest size, I was initially thinking a "C" cup would be a good fit for me, but after discussing it with Dr. Pousti and hearing his recommendations for my build, I decided to go a bit larger and am so glad I did! They are the perfect size! I love having larger breasts...especially in bathing suits and lingerie! Every day my husband comments on how great I look!

I highly recommend to those considering surgery to allow two weeks of recovery before resuming normal activities. For those with young children, I recommend asking a sister, mom, or close friend for help during those two weeks as you cannot drive and must keep your elbows close to your sides. Having my sister's help during this time made a world of difference in my recovery! For those that are concerned about exercise, I was able to ride the stationary bike at the gym after about a week and a half. I began running after two months. After about two and a half months I resumed lifting light arm weights.

One other tidbit of info...recovery involves wearing a hideous bra with a wide velcro strap across the front of your chest for several weeks. Do a bit of shopping ahead of time and find shirts with a ruffle or pockets in front and a higher neckline that will cover up the strap! What a great excuse to do some shopping! I love the results of having breast implants! I think this decision should be weighed very carefully by anyone considering it. I know from my personal experience, having Dr. Pousti as my surgeon and the help of his amazing staff, made all the difference in my experience.

Thank you so much for your detailed review! It sounds like you did all your homework and ended up with exactly what you wanted. What sort of implants did you go with?

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti and his staff are experts when it comes to ensuring patients are comfortable, informed, and well taken care of before,during, and after surgery. Before surgery, my questions were answered honestly and Dr. Pousti really listened to what I wanted. He provided me with information, photos, and his personal suggestion of what would best fit my body type. Right away, I was impressed by Dr. Pousti's professionalism, warmth, and genuine care. The more I talked with Dr. Pousti and his staff about surgery, had my questions answered, talked with other patients, read the reviews about Dr. Pousti and his high credentials, and saw actual photos of his work as a surgeon, I knew his knowledge and skills as a surgeon matched the professionalism of his bedside manner. During surgery, Dr. Pousti was sensitive to my nervousness and was encouraging and enthusiastic about the results of the surgery. After surgery, Dr. Pousti's staff called me every day for at least the first week or two, checking to ensure I was doing ok and answering my questions. Now when I go back for follow up appointments, there is the warmth and familiarity with Dr. Pousti and his staff that is akin to being family. And the results of the surgery...fabulous!!!!