Breast Implants Now Having Explant 13 Years Later

Loved my implants from day one even though at...

Loved my implants from day one even though at times I thought they were a bit big. I never thought they felt or looked fake on me maybe because I was not stick thin, I had some meat on me. Now with the deflation and the passing of time and more wisdom gained along the way it is time to say goodbye.

one year later

it has been one year and two months since my explant. I am glad I got it done and did not have new ones put in. Of course I had to have some surgery done because of the deflation to begin with. I am still happy with my decision not to have new implants put in. My breast look pretty darn good for my age 52 and that my implants were quite large 550cc. about the only thing is miss is the top fullness in my breasts. I had been experiencing some sensations in the breast that had the deflation prior to the explant and that had gone away. I am now feeling something similar again. I can't really tell if it is my breast or behind the muscle and some sensitivity also. I am due for my mammos which I had to wait till healed from the surgery and now is over due. I still have no idea of how or really when the implant leaked if it was slow or fast. Since I was having some stinging sensations prior to noticing and that had been happening for a few months. All these sensations have been in the left breast that had the deflation. Need to get all this back on track now that all is healed up. I do have the implants that the dr removed and there is not visible tear or hole. I am still guessing it was a slow leak from the valve.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

My bff and I did them within a week of each other, I went first. Dr. Guy is well known and trusted in my area, it didn't hurt she has been on Oprah before. I felt more comfortable that she was a woman. I trusted her with the implants and loved them, now with the explant I am going to trust her again. The 4500.00 price was for the initial implants in 2000 the cost for the explant only will be 4900.00 still deciding on a lift.