My Breast Augmentation - Had 350cc mentor moderate plus profile filled to 400cc - Alabama

Recent breast augmentation. Was 36b. Had 350cc...

Recent breast augmentation. Was 36b. Had 350cc mentor moderate plus profile filled to 400cc for L and R breasts. My experience has been very rollercoaster-like. Don't know if it is worth it yet.

The outcome, well.. the right breast is almost perfect BUT my left breast is less than perfect. A nightmare almost. I have ended up with a "double bubble" on the left. This was apparent immediately upon arriving home after surgery. My surgeon says that this is my natural anatomy and to deal with it basically. I'm sorry, but I did not have 2 boobs in 1 natuaraly.

He says that there is no surgical correction/intervention available to correct this. I actually feel like it was his surgical error! But, of course he denies any wrong doing and says it is just my anatomy. Which I don't understand, I didn't have sagging breasts pre op. I feel, well, that he positioned the implant too low on the left. It hangs below my natural breast tissue instead of filling into the breast. Yes, the bottom half of the implant hangs below my breast creating the double bubble look. Not the look I intended on, obviously. I just dont understand why he didn't raise the implant up higher before he closed me up and sent me home.

It was apparent during surgery that this had occured. I'm so angry, upset, sad, confused... Feel stuck because my surgeon says that there is nothing that can be done about this. To deal with it and wait six months to see if it will work itself out.

It's obvious that the left implant sits lower visually. And by his measurements too!!! L measured 7cm and R 6cm. According to another doc they are actually suppose to both be sitting at 5cm. So what in the world!! Dont know what to do... What do you do when your surgeon denies that there is anything wrong? Or that there is no correction available! I know there is corrective measures available. He could simply raise the left one higher.

I have no fullness on the top of my breasts. All my volume is in the underneaths. No cleavage. It is a nightmare! The right has a slight DB, but almost unnoticable (coincindentally that one is also 1cm higher). I can physically push the left one higher and everything seems to smoothe out and look normal.. more volume on the top and DB disappears! What do I do? Got a second opinion from his partner and of course he stook up for him. They basically ganged up on me and made me feel like I was seeing things.

He denies that the left is lower, although his own measurements showed that it is lower. Again... what to do? It would be different if he would just acknowledge that there is a problem and let us deal with it, but he acts like I am seeing things, although he says I have a DB... but that is my natural anatomy according to him.

So upset.

Update...

Hi everyone...
First all, thanks so much for all of the comments and help. It has been a long journey. I posted this in 2009 and it is now 2013. (I forgot my password etc...lol). I did have a FREE revision surgery from that surgeon about 6 months after the original surgery. GOOD LORD, dubble bubble gone but a whole set of new problems since the revision. It has been massive depression and emotionally draining the past 4 yrs. Yes, the DB was corrected... but now I have "man-made" creases that look absolutely hidious, areolas that have remained in a scabbed state the past 4 yrs (why are my areolas scabbed??? I HAVE NO IDEA... it was a inframmamory incision, no nipple involvement), R is higher than L and slightly smaller also (again... no idea why the R is now smaller), constant pain in my "man-made" creases the past 4 yrs ( I suppose I have constant pain being that my skin has been permanently sutured into my rib cage to make these man-made creases in his sad attempt to keep my implants in position), numb spots on both breasts, they look saggy now also ( I suppose it's because its been 4 yrs, although I didn't think they would do that this soon!), etc... etc.... To sum it up - it has been a hard 4 yrs. Moved to another state 800 miles away, now in Milwaukee, WI. Have had 2 consults since here, but have chickened out. I have no trust when it comes to this anymore. BUT, I have finally made the decision to deal with this and quit trying to tuck it away and ignore it... I have a consult with another doc tomorrow that I have heard is really awesome. Keep your fingers crossed for me. My plan is to get this taken out, heal up, and try it again sometime down the road after I am all healed up. From my consults I have had... the word is , is that I will need massive scar tissue removed etc....etc.... Please please please keep your fingers crossed for me. I have finally started getting back into a more positive mind state after 4 yrs and am super excited for the future of these puppies!!

Another Update....

Hi everyone,

Got the implants taken out with the new surgeon here in milwaukee. I'm done. I feel totally hopeless. The implants are out and that part of it is MUCH better. Most of the pain I would get all of the time is gone now that the implants are out. BUT..... (of course) the surgeon never corrected my "man-made" inframmamory crease. He promised me when he took the implants out that he would release the god awful creases AND he DIDN'T..... Yes, overall physically I'm feeling much better. But WTH... can anything ever go right??? My most recent surgeon who removed the implants (who is suppose to be this big time plastic surgeon specializing in breast reconstruction.. blah blah blah...) told me ... " I tried to release your creases, but I couldn't... but I really tried." SERIOUSLY...... what is going on??? I am ok with my breasts after implant removal... the appearance is not that bad (not too saggy or anything)... But my creases were one of the main concerns in this supposedly final surgery. Is this true... that I will have these man-made ugly creases forever??? There is nothing you can do about it?? Still can't wear a normal bra due to the position and shape of these man-made creases. I don't know what else to do... I know that the most important thing is fixed,,, and that was getting the implants out and getting rid of the constant pain... so that is good (and what i try to remind myself of to stay positive),,,, sigh.....

read my story and you will see why...

Grrrrt
I'm so sorry
yikes, ur gonna need to give me his name as well. will u pm me?
I'm getting a breast augmentation next month in Alabama. Can you please message me the name of the surgeon you used? I definitely do not want to use him.
you need to sue this doctor. Have you got recent pics? Hope things are ok for you now babe xx
I know exactly how you feel. I am gun shy at attempting this again! They promise SO much, but never admit an error and you're left holding the bill for a hack job. I'm very angry also and in so much PAIN! I hope you find a good surgeon... I'm still hunting (4yrs now).
If I may be of service, please let me know. Best to you. sek
I am sorry to hear you had such a hard time. This is one of my fears. Once I decide to do this, it will b out of my hands. Are you planning on a removal then implants again? I wish you luck and happiness
DBpostop...make sure you know all of the consequences before getting the implants removed. A lot can come from that too! I am so sorry for what you are going through! I have had some difficulties myself with breast augmentation and revision starting in 2010. I too strongly considered removing the implants and calling it a day for a while. It turns out that is not that easy either. I too have major trust issues with these surgeons out there. I am told so many contradicting things my head is spinning. I am still trying to confirm what one surgeon told me about removal of the implants without replacing them at that same time as the removal surgery. He told me I will never be able to get implants ever again for the rest of my life no matter what if I do not replace them during the removal surgery. He states it is physically impossible. I even had to sign a form acknowledging I had received that information with this surgeon before he would work with me. He said even if I develope a medical reason to get breast implants in my life time (example: breast cancer/loss of both or one breast) that it would be physically impossible to ever implant them again in my body regardless. I was blown away by that info!! Also, in total disbelief! All the things you do to get informed about breast augmentation prior to surgery.....they never tell you what to do with the aftermath of any potential surgeries gone wrong or even if you simply wish to reverse the surgery and go back to natural. The surgeons most definitely stand by eachother strong! They will NOT admit to their mistakes! There are answers, but where?! Must you go to Harvard yourself to study what the surgeons are supposed to know and compassionately and willingly inform you about? A lot of the surgeons out there literally do not care about there patients. We could go die on the side of the road after surgery for all they care as long as they got our money in their pockets. New laws will be created eventually to protect patient rights in the area of plastic surgery soon in the future. There are too many victims and it is only rising as the demand for plastic surgery rises. Plastic surgeons must be upheld for the responsibility of their personal work substantially more so. It is a movement literally. Stay tuned!! By the way, I did not go through with the removal of my implants to date.
I am so sorry to hear this has happened. The same exact thing happened to me but not so bad. My sister is a nurse and insisted I demand to see my medical chart. Upon requesting it at his office I encountered difficulty but once I reminded them about HIPA they found it. When I looked at my chart I realized my surgeon had implanted moderate profile when we agreed upon high profile. He changed the implants the next day (this was 3 months postop) he also used surgimend. He did this all at no cost. I will now be going in for my 3rd breast augmentation in 2 years. Currently 600cc saline, getting 800cc UHP 45's. I recommend massaging, it can help a lot with this
Oh you poor thing!! So glad you have summoned up the courage to go to another PS to get it all sorted out! Goodluck and crossing all my fingers and toes for you that everything goes really well in your consult! :) x
Sounds like you been through the ringer, I wish you all the best
I'm so sorry that this has been such a horrible experience for you!! Knowing the excitement and anticipation we have going into it, and the amount of trust we put into our surgeons when we lay on there tables... traumatic I'm sure! I'm glad that you have decided to keep going though, I would only encourage you to not hold anything back in your consultation. A good surgeon should be able to listen to your story, anger and confusion included and express compassion and understanding before expecting you to trust them to fix it. I hope and pray that this mess comes to a happy and beautiful resolution for you sooner than later.
I am sorry to hear of your woes. There is an anatomic reason for the double bubble, and that is that there is a thick band at the base of the breast that is sometimes very difficult to release. Sometimes it actually may not be possible to release at all. What I would suggest is that it is yet too early to have a secondary operation. It is good to wait 6 months to a year to let things settle in. If the double bubble doesn't resolve, then it is time to consider a revision. What is involved is another operation in which the "band" is cut or weakened so that the lower pole of the breast expands and assumes a nice shape without the constriction. You should not be made to feel baly, so seek a second opinion.
i wonder why the surgeons don't tell you ahead of time that this might happen with the chosen size? Also they are the professionals so they should help with the sizing and not leave it completely up to the client
I absolutely agree. When it comes to sizing, each surgeon seems to do things a bit differently. I work with each patient on the sizing. I guide the patient while she tries on implant sizers. For me, this is the best system (although not perfect), because I don't have to substitute my judgement for the judgement of the patient. I find it invaluable to have my patients invested in the process.
there is a fix for this my friend had the same problem and was able to have it corrected by Clifford Clark in Winter park Fl. he did a fantastic job! Your Dr is wrong!
Could you inbox me privately? I am in Mississippi and considering Dr. Geffen in Birmingham, Dr. Maynard in Tuscaloosa, Dr Bunch in Tuscaloosa, or Dr Craig in Tupelo, MS. Would you let me know if any of these were your surgeon??
Dr Hedden in Birmingham not Geffen
Just don't go to doctor Delgado in ca!!!
I am so sorry! I know what your going thru because my doc was the same way! He made my left boob deformed, blamed my body, had me pay for a revision, still didn't work, said have a baby and give it time to stretch and work it self out, almost pay for a third and still sounded clueless, I cut my losses am seeing a new doctor and am trying to pull thru, this time to MX and have done three yrs of research! I hope all goes well for u! If u need any advice or to talk, I'm here for u!!
Similar to my accurance good luck :(
I see what you are complaining of. Unfortunately, you must be patient. I agree that about 6 to 9 months is about ideal. I think that the double bubble is due to a connective tissue band that was not divided during surgery. I have had this myself, and sometimes, it just can not be corrected. Given how upset you are now, if you are still not happy in 9 months, it will be worth trying to fix it surgically, and perhaps use a larger inplant. Hope this helps. sek
I agree that raising the left fold may take care of things, but you do need to wait six months so your tissues settle down enough to safely go back in. Tell your surgeon that you are willing to wait the six months but if things are not better, you kindly request a revision operation. In my practice a warranty exists to protect the patients from untoward outcomes. They have to pick up the tab for anesthesia and facility fees, but I don't charge a revision fee if it has been less than one year after the initial surgery. Alot can happen to your breasts in the first year after surgery and, in my opinion, it is only fair to you, the patient, that a factor for time be allowed. I agree that you should also quietly seek a second opinion. You are in Alabama so the surgeons at UAB would be a good start. If not Dr. Mark Brezienski in Chattanooga, TN would be able to help you. He taught me alot about cosmetic breast surgery and has an artist's eye for detail. He is very skilled in revision breast surgery. Good luck and stay hopeful. Dr. Shah
You definetly need to go to another surgeon!!!! I see pictures of what you have all the time on Ps websites fixing a problem like yours! For your PS to act like that is your fault and there is no fix is ridiculous! I agree with the last comment on filing a complaint! Find yourself a great board certified surgeon who feels confident he can fix the other surgeons horrible work! Im sorry you are going through this!! Good luck!