First Ematrix Treatment - Brea, CA

Had my treatment - not sure the level used but...

Had my treatment - not sure the level used but will check next time. I had my entire face treated. I don't some discoloration and fine lines around my eyes.

I felt very little discomfort when the procedure was being performed. However, for three hours after, I felt like my face was on fire and had to ice it constantly. I had not swelling and once the heat sensation stopped feel completely normal. After three days, I can see the dots darken and visible if you are sitting close to me.

I have not seen any improvements but think it might be too soon. I will keep posting.

BTW - read that aquaphore is a good healing ointment - will try that today (3rd day after treatment).

Hi Whittier9850,

Thanks for the review. Well other than no change thus far I'm glad things sound like they are going pretty well. Yes, other community members have mentioned Aquaphore too. Please keep us updated and if everything goes well, which I'm sure it will, please send us pictures.

Thanks,

-Britt

I have now completed the fourth ematrix treatment....

I have now completed the fourth ematrix treatment. I must say, I did not think it was worth the pain or downtime. I often had to stay indoors for at least 3-4 days as I was in a lot of pain and left like my face had been burned.

I am a latina with very light skin and freckles. I was told it was safe to use ematrix on my skin but ended up with hyperpigmentation issues that I didn't have prior to the treatment.

Today (6 months since my first treatment) my provider performed an IPL to try and treat this new problem. I am to have a microdermabrasion in two weeks following.

This was suppose to be safe - but it is now just a painful on-going problem I am now having to deal with.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Will provide more information as I complete treatment.