Sciton Erbium YAG Laser This Morning - Bradenton, FL

Was nervous. Last nite took one Valacyclovir to...

Was nervous. Last nite took one Valacyclovir to prevent cold sores, at office took hydrocodone for pain & one lorazepam made me drouzy. Had numbing gel for an hr before procedure. Dr was aggressive around mouth and lower face area, less so rest of face. The aggressive areas did hurt some, about 4 seconds each time, but tolerable. Other areas were nothing compared. I had deep lines around mouth and sides of chin. When done I was a little shaky and really feeling the lorazepam effect.

Took taxi home and went right to bed to sleep. Mild burning, not much. After sleeping a few hours no pain, some swelling, some oozing/blood, still droozy. After dinner, watched a couple hours tv and went to bed again. Keep using Bacitraycin ointment to prevent infection. Almost no burning, no pain. Keep using Valacyclovir till gone. Can shower tomorrow. In 4 days see doctor again. This was not as bad as I feared. Ugly and messy, but not bad at all.

Second picture is Sunday nite. Very mild burning,...

Second picture is Sunday nite. Very mild burning, lots of swelling...a real mess.
I wish I had a head band to keep hair back...Aquaphor is hard to get out of hair.
Aquaphor feels real good, using it a lot.
Dr Scott

Undecided if worth it yet....too soon to know. Follow-up care not rec'd yet.