I always wanted to have Braces but lacked the courage to make the commitment - So Far So Good - Lynnwood, WA

I am 35 years old. I always wanted to have Braces...

I am 35 years old. I always wanted to have Braces but lacked the courage to make the commitment. Like most people my age you think after a certain age "Whats the point?" Although I am only 2 months into this experience I can already see and feel my teeth moving. I was very uncomfortable at the beginning but now I smile big and wide knowing that in a little more than a year from today I will have a wonderfully straight smile. I decided to go with braces because I knew I could never keep the Invisalign trays on for over 20 hours a day consistently. Although I miss some of my favorite foods such as popcorn and chewing gum, I know it will all be worth it at the end.

Thanks for sharing. I scheduled a consult with them today!
Brave indeed! Thanks for sharing your story. I am one of those who had braces as a kid, but since, my teeth have shifted and now I'm left with some pretty nasty crowding that leaves me feeling less than beautiful when I go for a big toothy grin.

At the moment I don't have dental insurance, but I'm still exploring the options available to me. One doctor in Seattle offers a "Six Month Smile" program that is based off of traditional braces, but they are near invisible with the way they do the brackets and color of the wire.

I'm naturally curious about Invisalign, and, knowing myself, I'm pretty sure I could do well with the trays. Alas, without dental insurance, I think it's going to come down to brass tax.

Know you're not alone, and I appreciate you sharing your story.

Cheers!
Lauren

Lauren, there was a question posted in the Q&A section that asked "Is 6 Month Smile a good alternative to Invisalign?" Click here if you would like to read the answers the dentists posted.

Dr. Pellegrini

Very clean, up to date, professional office with an incredibly friendly staff. Love the current technology and amenities that are provided to both patients and family waiting. Also they are very efficient, accommodating and will work around your schedule!