Fleur De Lis, Anchor Tummy Tuck (Bozeman, MT)

I gave birth to twins 25 years ago, they were...

I gave birth to twins 25 years ago, they were large and I had stretch marks up to my rib cage. 3 years go I lost 130 pounds and this year I decided I wasn't going to spend another year tucking my stomach into my pants. After consulting with my surgeon he recommended a fleur de lis tummy tuck because of the amount of excess skin I have above my belly button. Fortunately, my abdomen muscles were very tight so I didn't need to have my muscles tightened. I am planning on adding pictures of my recovery as I progress.
Day one was spent in bed with the exception of my doctor's visit.
Day 2 most of the day in bed but I was up walking around the house quite a lot
Day 3 went to Home Depot and lunch it was only a couple of hours. On this day I was on Tylenol during the day and pain killers at night
Day 4 was busy all day and went to dinner with friends and saw my surgeon there. My next appt he asked he saw me at a restaurant and I said yes. He said he was surprised to see me out.
Day 5 went out shopping with friends but needed a nap in the afternoon
Day 6 on I feel pretty good, I have to be careful getting in and out of the car but other than wearing a binder in 90 degree heat I am doing well.
July 18 Dr. Appt he is concerned the skin above the belly button may not be tighted enough and may need to be excised more. I guess we will see in a few days. I will add a before picture as soon as I get one from the Dr. Office

I think not having to have my muscles repaired has made a huge difference in my recovery.
Your PS did an AWESOME job!!! You contours are spectacular! I alos had a fleur-de- lis, and the vertical scar is almost invisible, and the contour it produces is wonderful! It totally avoids that square boxy look that occurs in many MWL patients! Again, you look GORGEOUS....congratulations and thumbs up to your surgeon>
Not having the muscle repair done really does make a difference recovery wise. As for your surgery, you are so tiny. You must have had lots of extra skin as you don't see a lot of long vertical scars on here. I'm pleased to read that you aren't overly concerned with the scars. Shows you were really ready for this. You must love your new shape!
It's true the scars are not a huge deal to me, after the twins I had such extensive stretch marks my binkni days were behind me. I will post a before picture ASAP. My weight was pretty much where it needed to be for the surgery. I didn't have much excess fat just a bunch of skin. Also the vertical incision really made my back and hips much tighter. For me it was worth it but I understand that doesn't go for everyone.

Wow Almost a month!

Time flies when you are recovering! Everything seems to be healing well and I'm back to pretty much normal activity with the exception of lifting things. We are still waiting to see how the skin above the belly button flattens out but over all I am very pleased. I am astounded at how flat my tummy is!
Thank you! I am super happy with the result. I know people get hung up on having a vertical scar but I think in some cases like mine it was way worth it.

5 weeks +

Things are rolling right along! I'm feeling great and healing well.
Thank you! Getting better everyday!
You look great.
Bozeman Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hetherington and his staff are excellent. I can't say enough good things about them. The patient coordinator Peggy is awesome and makes me smile every-time I go in.