Recently Had Tummy Tuck - Boulder, CO

I am a 28 year old mother of 3 who had a tummy...

I am a 28 year old mother of 3 who had a tummy tuck on April 10th exactly 10 days ago! i have been doing and feeling great so far. I still have quite a lot of swelling above my belly button which I don't know if it is normal or not but figured I need to just give it time to heal. I had my first drain removed on Monday this week and the second drain removed yesterday and I will tell you what, AMEN! Those little buggers were awful. I kept catching them on knobs around my house and if my daughters would curl up next to me on the couch I worried about them catching on on accident. I feel much more free with out the restriction of the drains. I had the tummy tuck after having 3 previous c-sections and had a large overhang above the c-section scars. I was supposed to be under anesthesia for 2 hours but ended up being down for 3 because my muscles were stretched so far apart from the pregnancies and gaining so much weight that he ended up having to put a lot more sutures in than he was anticipating. I am very happy with the results so far and expecting to be only happier as time passes. The only con I have (I really wouldn't even call it a con because it's not that bad) is that when I take the comrpession band off to take the drains off or check my bandages it feels like my stomach is falling almost. It's kind of hard to describe exactly, but like my stomach is coming apart. I'm sure it's because I'm still really numb so it feels weird but other than that I am a happy, happy customer!!!!

Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Swail was great! He answered all the questions we had and made me feel comfortable with the process. They are very accommodating as I live 5 hours away so traveling back and forth is very hard to do. They were able to get me in for my pre-op appt. on Monday and schedule my surgery for Tuesday. The staff at Boulder Valley Plastic Surgery was amazing. They were very kind and helpful.