Botox Made Me Sensitive to the Rest of my Flaws

Botox is a curse. There, I said it. I can’t...

Botox is a curse. There, I said it. I can’t recommend Botox because it made me sensitive to the rest of my flaws and what woman doesn’t have a list of them, even if no one else knows? I had Botox done six months ago on my forehead and crow’s feet. It worked great in both places, stuck around for four months, maybe a little longer. I say that the Botox worked great because it did freeze my muscles. It did such a great job that it made the rest of my face look old, haggard, and tired. I hated this side effect and that there was nothing to do about it. After fifteen years of frown lines and ten years of crow’s feet, I finally did something and all I could think about then was my sagging this or drooping that. It accentuated the wrinkles everywhere, especially where the Botoxed areas merged with the normal areas under my eyes and around my nose, I felt like I had a half-mask on. Horrible. I never considered this aspect of cosmetic work before but now I will. I had been researching a facelift, knowing Botox wouldn’t be permanent. I stopped wasting my time after this experience. If I lift my face I know I will hate my sagging chin or my wrinkly chest or something else and that is not worth it to me. I can see how people get addicted to these things because it is nice to look better and correct your flaws. The problem is, there will always be flaws and few people, even celebrities, can afford to fix everything. You wouldn’t have time to do anything else.