Not Impressed

I am still confused a to whether botox is meant to...

I am still confused a to whether botox is meant to completely eliminate lines or just works on the dynamic lines. Reading all these positive reviews it would seem that it does get rid of lines.

I have very fine static lines around the eyes and on the bridge of my nose and after about 2 years of regular botox they haven't changed sure when I smile they look less and it used to be that if I frowned nothing would appear but after my last stint it would either seem that the dr was very stingy with the product or I am building up an intolerance despite being told that the more you have it the longer the results last.

Molemarvel, Botox stops muscles of expression from moving. These muscles cause “lines in motion”, or dynamic lines. As a result, Botox stops the “lines in motion” from showing up. The static lines, or “lines at rest” that you are describing, do not improve with Botox. Treatment with Botox will not “completely eliminate” these lines. You wrote: “sure, when I smile, they look less”. This is Botox working as it should- to decrease lines in motion. You also wrote: “…my last stint it would either seem that the dr was very stingy with the product or I am building up an intolerance…” It’s impossible for me to know how much was injected by your practitioner. However, assuming the dosing was appropriate, there have been reports of development of antibodies to Botox, which can result in decreased or no effect. This is rare, and, as a Cosmetic Medicine specialist, I have never seen this happen. Remember- It’s Your Face! Make sure to talk with a trusted and experienced Medical Doctor about Botox injections. Nothing guarantees good results, but treatment by a knowledgeable Doctor maximizes chances of great results.