Botox Did Permanent Damage

I had Botox 2 years ago. It made my eyebrows...

I had Botox 2 years ago. It made my eyebrows droop, my eyelids puffy and my eyes are difficult to open. To this day, my brows still droop and I have learned to force my eyes open. It has never worn off. I used to feel that my blue eyes were one of my best features. Now you can't even see the color.

Hi, I was permanently damaged by Botox through an acne nodule from the Botox and or injection site. I have residual scar tissue between eyebrows so any time I move my eyebrows I have pain. Also a bump there. Horrible self esteem issues. Think twice before you try Botox.
I had botox injected above my eye almost two years ago which created a ptotic droop. If I massage above the brow it sort of lifts up, oddly enough. The botox damage never did fully heal, though. The doctors who say it will go away in three months are either lying, are ignorant, or stupid, or all three.
I had Botox injections above the nose/between eyebrows 3 years ago. That area has been very painful to touch ever since...and sometimes I get a quick burning pain in that area that nearly drops me to my knees. Is there a professional here that knows what is going on? I have been to the doctor and they say it sinuses and I know it's not.
Was a an acne nodule? I may have the same thing! Did u ever try Botox again? I have had huge problems. I developed an acne nodule that never really went away. It hurts when I move my eyebrows.
I have the same burning pain between my brows where I had Botox 7 months ago.. this is why im googling it and I found your post.. My pain is only sometimes and its more to the right. It kinda feels like a bruise and when you touch it it feels like a bee sting... after rubbing it for a while the burning pain goes away....
My was more of a cyst or a lump. I'm not sure if you have that. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's really scarey...
I mean the systemic side effects of botox - anxiety, panic attacks, flu-like symptoms, insomnia, sinus problems and the like...
Hi Greg Let me start by saying that your girlfriend is very lucky to have you. My supposedly perfect boyfriend 'disappeared' after my bad botox result (from which I am still trying to recover). Where did your girlfriend have the botox injected? If it was in both the bunny lines and the crows feet then it is possible that the eye muscle has been weakened to the point that it bows under the eyes and results in puffiness there. A strong eye muscle might cause crows feet but it also holds back the fat pads under the eyes. When it is too weakened, the fat pads can bulge causing eye bags. This is often accompanied by kind of horizontal lines along the new eye bag especially during facial movement. On some types of faces when the muscles on either side of the eye are too paralysed (excuse the Aussie spelling) then the skin simply has nowhere to go but bunch inwards during movement. It looks even more terrible because it is creasing over the new fat pad. Also, sometimes if the eye muscle is sufficiently weakened it can't hold the cheek fat up properly any longer either. Does she have a 'botox chipmunk' look when she smiles? What I mean is, when she smiles does it look like she has fat cheeks at the front of her face almost like they are swollen but the sides of her face are immobile? This is the look attributed to an overly weakened eye muscle. I currently have it. Gorgeous!! Needless to say there is not much smiling here... As to six weeks, allegedly she is half way through the nightmare because botox lasts '3 months'. I think this is a marketing gimmick to make people come back for more and more injections after 3 months. She will definitely see improvement in the next six weeks but not full resolution for about 6 months. When the muscles start to re-engage (about now) she should investigate some facial exercises to strengthen the formerly paralysed eye muscles which will speed up the improvement. If I am guessing the problem correctly then she might have to choose between bunny lines and crows feet if there is to be more botox in the future. For some people (me!) having both sides done only makes things look worse. Post some more info and I will look out for it. Again - she is very lucky for your concern and interest. My primary advice would be to convince her that she NEVER needs to have botox again. The results are too uncertain and it is simply not for everyone. If you think she looks good just the way she is then that should be all that matters. Sorry for the really long reply (especially if I have guessed the issue incorrectly) but your obvious concern is something that I missed out on with my vanishing boyfriend. Look forward to your future posts. PS does she have any of the dreaded botox side effects??
my girlfriend got her second botox treatment six weeks ago and within hours she noticed droopiness under her eyes which hasn't gone away since. im doing more and more research on botox and it seems that this is not an uncommon side effect. she's self conscious enough as it is and this is only making things worse. its gotten so bad that she now won't smile or go out in public because she thinks she looks so bad. shes always gonna look beautiful to me no matter what and i couldn't care less how many lines she has or not, but this is really playing on her insecurities about her self. is there any one with knowledge or advice? thank you
Me too. I have Botox injection to frontal area 2years ago. The effect is only partially reversed up to now. I am still unable to perform certain facial expression. I have tried some facial exercise, but it was never the same as that before the injection. So, I disagree with people saying that Botox injection is always temporary. It is NOT, in my case.
Nancy and Christine: I am so sorry to hear your stories. There are natural alternatives to Botox out there, more every day. Hypnox is my favourite. All-natural, safe, eco-friendly - and unlike Botox, Hypnox is a permanent solution. It works especially well on the lines between the brows. Best of luck to you both. Please do get in touch through our website - I will be happy to send you out a free copy. Joan
I had Botox done on my forehead almost 2 weeks ago. 2nd day I noticed the droopy eyes, but now one eye is getting better and the other eye is getting worse. and the vision in the worse eye seems to be affected too. They want me to come in to see if they can fix it, but i'm really nervous about that. I look like I've had a stroke...then to top all that off, while trying to make my eyes look wider, I was using my eyelash curler and chopped my dang lashes off!!! --pad fell off and I didn't notice. So now I really look off my rocker.
Nancy - we added your problem as a question posed to the medical experts who participate on RealSelf.com. Hope they offer you answers to your problem. Question: Help for droopy eyes from Botox Tom, founder, RealSelf.com
I would like to know if Christineetoile from Albuquerque still has puffy eyes. Almost one year ago I had Botox injected on my forehead and around the eyes and they are still puffy, not every day, but often. I never had bags before. the doctor who did it said that it never happened before. Thank you Antonella Italy
Try facial exercises. The botox couldn't permanently paralyze those muscles, but the few months of paralysis could have lead to weakness, from which you haven't recovered. Do some internet research on facial exercises, and do those targeted at lifting the brow. I bet that will solve your problem. Good luck.