Ginks313 - Boston, MA

To fill out my upper cheek area. I'm 44 y/o...

To fill out my upper cheek area. I'm 44 y/o and I have a line going downward from below each eye, and in certain lights the shadows make me look tired and older than I want to look. I'm hoping to have those lines smoothed out and then the cheeks lift upward towards the new collagen.

I am going to a board certified plastic surgeon, who is tops in his field. He does only facial plastic surgery, and I've been going to him for several years for Botox, Restylane, as well as a couple of out patient surgical tweaks. He is an amazing doctor. But still I'm nervous. Reading through these reviews has helped tremendously (and some scared me, admittedly). Thank you for sharing your experiences here.

Hi Ginks! How'd it go? Thanks, Ed
Absolutely! Dr. Raffi Der Sarkissian. He has offices in Quincy and Boston. You will LOVE him. His patients call him Dr. D., or Dr. Raffi...I call him "my boyfriend who doesn't know he's my boyfriend"...LOL! He is the best of the best. He listens, understands the objective, provides full explanations, puts you at ease, gives realistic expectations, and always knows exactly what to do...which sometimes means doing nothing. He will not do a surgery if he doesn't feel it is necessary. Plus he is a true artist...as a person and a surgeon.
Hi Ginks313! Could u please tell us the name of your doctor?! I live on the Cape and have been looking for a good Doctor for Sculptra! Thanks a lot!
The key to success with Sculptra is going to a doctor who has lots of experience with Sculptra. Each filler is different. Sculptra in experienced hands is really great. There are many skilled doctors who simply don't have the expertise with Sculptra. Hence the scary results.

I have had a great experience with Sculptra. My first treatment was in 2009. It has lasted quite well. I have just gone back for a "refill" to boost some areas that needed refreshing.

Also, it is important to note that Sculptra takes time to "develop". After getting treated you might need to wait a month or more to see the final results.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I am very confident in my doctor, and I know his expertise will make all the difference in the outcome. I will also be diligent about performing the facial massages. Can I ask you...were you satisfied after one initial treatment, and then have gone back for boosters? Or did you need a couple of treatments the first time? I'm hoping to just have one initially, but I've heard that more often than not, additional treatments are necessary. Thank you!
Generally one would get several treatments over a period of a six week intervals. This is so that the doctor can see how the initial treatment has developed. It's better to move slowly and cautiously, then to risk doing too much and being sorry.
My initial treatment was more extensive and created a "foundation". Subsequent treatment(s) added a bit here and there to fine tune the results.
I would urge you to not do too many treatments at once. Take it step by step for the best, most natural results.
Good luck!