Radiesse to the Chin - 40 Year Old Male

Had this done yesterday and I have to say the...

Had this done yesterday and I have to say the shots were somewhat painful, at least a lot more than I expected. My chin is really stiff right now, and it sort of made my mouth look weird, almost like I have false teeth where your mouth looks small and sunken. I do not like it and I would not do this again. I guess I have 1 year of looking like this before this stuff fades.

It's now 1 year post the injections and it's completely gone. I'm now back to looking normal and very thankful. I would say that this lasted roughly 7 months, with barely noticeable traces up to the 7/8th month, and then completely gone by the 9th month. I didn't have any side effects, just looked like hell, like a person's mouth looks when they get dentures and it sort of caves in.
Well, it's been 5 months since I had this procedure done, and most of the filler is gone -- thank god! I read that Radiesse is long lasting, up to a year, and feared I would look like hell for a year. However, most of it is gone now, and my mouth is starting to look more normal. I hope it's all gone by January 2011.
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience, but I am primarily concerned with your injector's technique. Firstly, the area is off-label. Secondly, any qualified person should use a topical anesthetic followed a local (lidocaine). Radiesse is highly dependent upon your metabolism - causing the breakdown of CaHA. The immediate results originate from the filler, while secondary activity stimulates collagen growth to the injection area. Minor swelling is expected - your injector should be monitoring for allergic reaction. Additional adverse reactions should be related to your physician immediately as well as the manufacturer.

Glad to report that all of the Radiesse was...

Glad to report that all of the Radiesse was absorbed within roughly 5 months and I'm back to looking normal. As a word of caution, changing one small part of your face can often have a significant impact in your overall look, sometimes positive, and sometimes negative. I will definitely do more research if I choose to do anything else like this.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Update - The Radiesse completely dissolved about 8...

Update - The Radiesse completely dissolved about 8 months after the injections. I can't tell you how happy I am that it dissolved, it looked freakish and made my mouth look small. I personally would not do this again.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

While I don't really like the results that much, my doctor was very thorough and comes highly recommended.