Necrosis Recovery and Have Excessive Scarring Where the Drains Were - Boston, MA

I searched long and hard for a doctor I felt...

I searched long and hard for a doctor I felt comfortable operating on me for an abdomnioplasy and lipo. I decided on Dr. Gallico. While the initial surgery went well, I noticed right away that at the drain sites there was a bad smell and discharge. Dr. Gallico removed the drains and declared me fine. After a few days, the discharge increased out of all my drain sites, one more than others. When I went back to have Dr. Gallico examine me, he declared I had necrotic tissue death. It took about 8 weeks to combat the issue and get me healed up. I live 2 hours away from Dr. Gallico's office, and had to drive repeatedly back and forth for follow-up care, once waiting 3 hours for my appointment. I am fine now, a few years down the road, but have excessive scarring where the drains were.

Boston Plastic Surgeon

I have recently asked for the reports from the follow-up care for a hysterectomy scheduled later this month, so my ob/gyn has the full picture behind the incision. There is absolutely NO mention of my post-operative complications anywhere in my file. NONE. The secretary has refused comment. Disconcerting, to say the least.