Advice Please! Thunder Thighs No More!!! -Boston, MA

Hi All! I love reading all of your posts about...

Hi All!

I love reading all of your posts about your experiences, there haven't been to many that were bad which is good I guess.

I am having smart lipo done on 8/21/13 which also happens to be my birthday and I couldn't be more excited, and nervous. I have had thunder thighs my whole life no matter how much I workout and diet. I decided to try the smart lipo to reduce some of the outer thigh in hopes that it will help lean out the appearance of my legs.

The doctor tells you what to do and expect, but that's routine...I want to hear it from you guys who have had it done...I did buy the Arnica Montana pills they recommended to help with bruising and swelling and plan to start loading up on pineapple too!

What will I be like for the rest of the day and few days following? Any info you want to share would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!
Gina

Almost there!

Okay! Getting super excited and nervous...in just a few short days, I will be on my way to healing from having smart lipo on my outer thighs. Started taking the Arnica Montana the other day and eating lots of pineapple.

Any last words of advice? Wednesday is my big day!!! :)

Day before smart lipo Pics

Okay, can't even sit still I'm so excited and nervous about tomorrow! Less than 24 hours and I'll be at my doc's office! Just took these pics for my before pics, disgusting, I know! Need to try to be patient and positive after it's over for results because I know it takes time! Wish me luck! I'll update as soon as I can!

Surgery's all done...not too bad!

So I arrived at 7 and was on my way home by 11:30! Not going to say pain free, more of a few moments of feeling a little uncomfortable! They gave me my pills after I changed and a shot to decrease nausea just in case. Lets relax for about a half hour and then brought me in the OR. They nummed me up, but other than those little sharp feelings, there wasn't much else I felt, just him moving around and when he told me to change positions I did.
I was pretty awake for the whole thing, pills didn't really kick in till the car ride home! Lol it was amazing to see the fat that was being sucked out of me! I know it will all be worth it!
Def got dizzy, nauseous, and almost passed out both times I have changed the pads, but other than just being a little sore, I'm feeling great! Drinking lots of water and walking around! The more drainage there is, the less swelling there will be, and I've had a lot of draining, pretty gross, but again, it will all be worth it! Worst part is over and now I just have to wait as the results happen!
Def glad I made this decision! :)

Day 1

Very happily surprised! Slept decent considering I couldn't sleep on my stomach like usual, but it wasn't bad at all. Woke up this morning, felt pretty good, just a little sore. Leaking has basically stopped and I'm using mini pads just incase. Was on my feet most of the morning and felt okay, it is more comfortable and natural feeling than sitting down. Def have swelling now though, but that's something that was obviously going to happen. Took my first shower and washed the compression garment, feels much better to have it on than off and I was thankful to put it back on! Haven't had to take any Tylenol with codine and have managed just using extra stregnth tylenol.
All in all, extremely pleased with this experience so far! Tomorrow's my follow up appt and I can't wait to start seeing results in the next few months!

Day 2 and follow up appt

Just left my two day follow up! Doc said everything looks great, barely any bruising and not as much swelling as he was expecting!
Couldn't be happier with my doc, the procedure, and my decision to do this! Minimally sore like I worked out at the gym really hard doing squats! Can't wait to see full results!!!
Dr. Kruy

From start to finish, Dr. Kruy and his staff have been amazing! The procedure was better and easier than expected and after only a few days, I can already see results! Extremely thorough with all of the details and this has so far been an amazing experience. I have never been happier! Best decision of my life!