Painful but Worth It - Boston, MA

I wasn't able to get Lasik so I opted to get PRK...

I wasn't able to get Lasik so I opted to get PRK and I'm glad that I did. PRK is older technology but actually gets better results because your lens grows back not like in Lasik where they essentially chop it off and hope it heals back where it is meant to. My vision wasn't even all that bad I just was sick of wearing contacts. I now have 20/15 vision (so thats better than 20/20) which is amazing. THE ONLY THING is that when you are recovering - you like need to just plan to sit and be chill and not have your eyes open. You see fine leaving and same for the next maybe 48 hours but then as you heal you can't see nearly at all for a few days but then once you are all healed you can see perfectly. While you are healing you are gonna hate your life, though. But just remember that after you are healed you never have to worry about your vision ever again!

Hi selsesser -- Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've been considering laser eye surgery for years and am actually leaning toward PRK or LASEK, so I'm glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it might seem. I think I can handle sitting around, chillin'. :)

TLB Boston

Excellent! And great results.