Be Careful - Boston, MA

I didn't do enough homework before I did this....

I didn't do enough homework before I did this. I had two sessions. The first one was on my face, neck and chest. My face was fine, my chest was burnt, painful and did not seem normal. I went back a second time and only did my face since I didn't have any problems.

The second time I broke out in hard bumps all along my jaw and cheeks -- places that I don't ever break out. I started to get very freaked out that I caused major damage to my face since by that point, I had done my homework and learned that a lot of people experience negative and sometimes devastating results.

Luckily it cleared up after a week (I put hydrocortizone on it three times a day). I really wanted it to work for me since I have roseacea and some dark sun spots. It did nothing for either issue and I was an ideal candidate with my skin coloring. I would never recommend that anyone take a chance with IPL's.

Wow, that is a bummer about the break out on the second round. Glad to hear everything cleared up for you though.

Do you mind me asking if you went to a doctors office or a medspa for the treatments?