Body Lift - Boston, MA

After losing almost 200 pounds I decided to have a...

After losing almost 200 pounds I decided to have a body lift, I was scared of course but they did a great job and it ended up being one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was cut all the way around my waist and straight up abdomen and removed 13 pounds I went immediately from a size 12 to a size 6. If your considering having this I would highly recommend it just make sure you have the right surgeon and be prepared to suck it up for a few weeks healing from such a major surgery isn't easy but not as bad as I expected.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I had a body lift at 27 after losing almost 200 pounds through the residency program at mass general and Dr Cooper was the surgeon that I was assigned to. I was really nervous but he took his time explaining everything and answering all of my questions. He did such an amazing job and paid attention to every little detail there wasn't anything he could have done better, he by far exceeded any expectations I had. I can finally say I'm comfortable with my body and I never thought that would be possible. I'd recommend him to anyone and three years later I still couldn't be more thankful for the results he gave me.

What else was done to your body? Arm lift? thigh lift? Ive noticed that some doctors only do certain things. Ive lost 200lbs and i have 100 more to go until i reach 142lbs. And i will be needing my arm lifted, thighs tummy and a breast lift.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Firstly, congratulatons on lossing all of that weight, that's a huge achievement! How did you do it?

I'm so glad your surgery went well. I will be needing a body lift in about 2 years time, so it's awesome to be able to read other peoples experiences. I'm very scared about being cut all of the way around, I imagine it's very hard to lie or sit? I think I'm afraid that I will split the stiches!

Thank you and I lost most of the weight after having gastric bypass surgery but the last 60-70 pounds I struggled with until I started going to the gym and really paying attention to my nutrition. That's what really made a huge difference. I was terrified of the surgery, I had all the same fears but just make sure you have the right surgeon and you'll do be fine. My doctor managed my pain well and sitting up or laying down was never really an issue I even got a little too active the first week home so I decided to change my sheets and I did split a small area on my hip open. My poor doctor got a frantic call at home from me in the middle of the night lol but he talked me down and because it was such a small area he restitched it in his office at my follow up and it wasn't really a big deal. But I guess my advice would be no matter how great you think you feel try to lay low. Anyway I keep saying this because I have a friend who went to a surgeon that did a horrible job... Just make sure you find the right surgeon! Good luck!

Researching a doctor is really good advice. It's probably the most important thing you'll ever do, with regards to your surgery!

Thanks for all of the advice, I will definitely make sure that my partner does all of the house chores! ;-) It's a good excuse, if nothing else, to not have to do the dusting!