Finally Getting my Mommy Makeover! - Boston, MA

I'm finally getting this over with and I'm super...

I'm finally getting this over with and I'm super anxious and nervous! I just went to my pre-op and things look good. My doctor and his team and beyond nice but I can't help to feel so nervous! I've been thinking of getting this done for a while but I always back off. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight during a high risk pregnancy which left me with a saggy belly and one breast bigger and droopier than the other. If anyone has any suggestions as far as to what to expect during and after the procedure please let me know. I'm so nervous!
I am feeling the exact same way....so scared something will go wrong and I will die....or that it will turn out real bad......I am thinking everyone feels this way....At least I hope so! lol
at one point I went to the gym today and started feeling depressed….ugh! This is an emotional roller coaster! Also, do you think I should get granny's underwear? What else should I get for my care? I already got another wireless bra and protein shakes…I don't know how I'm gonna pee :/ maybe a jar? lol
well Im up now and its 3 in the morning here. I thought for sure there was something wrong with my heart earlier but am now thinking it was anxiety. I think these last few days are going to be brutal. . I am trying so hard just to focus on getting the house and kids ready for Christmas, but always on my mind is the surgery. I got some granny pantys, and my surgeon has also recommended big flannel nightgowns to wear after. He even suggested wearing one home from clinic on day of surgery. I will be coming home with a cathedor not sure how long that stays in though. I am also completely panicked about my slight cold turning into a bad cold and/or picking up some other sickness out in the world. I am somewhat quarantining myself as of today. I have cancelled most of my social engagements to avoid picking something up.

Valium

I received a prescription for Valium when I went to pick up my meds at the pharmacy but I didn't remember the name Valium. So instead of calling my doctor's office because it's the weekend I posted a question here for the doctor's to answer because I didn't remember anything about the Valium. Anyways, I tried calling the doctor's office and he called me within 10 mins and answered all of my questions!
I know it does no good to tell someone not to worry but I'm going to do it anyways. Knowledge is empowering. Researching gives your mind something to do. This will be my third major surgery of this type and the first time nearly drove me crazy but I just wanted the change more than I wanted to give in to the fear. And then when it was over and the first 3 days or so were over, it was like "Why did I let myself freak out so much, I've had three kids natural childbirth, this is nothing". It's the adrenaline rushing that makes it so bad. I'm kind of(!) needle phobic(now) and once I get past the IV I'm great. And the worst three days are also when the pill bottle is the fullest. Take full advantage of that and don't try to be a toughy, take them before you really need them because there is no reason to be in pain if you don't have to. It's hard on your system. And remember, you are not alone, ever. We're right here. Be good.
I know many docs prescribe it for before surgery (some for 1 night and some for a couple nights pre surgery). I have also seen people get it post op.
I'm going to call him tomorrow to see if what I can do about all the anxiety…I haven't been able to sleep or think straight!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

So tomorrow's the day! I've spent most of my day doing pounds and pounds of laundry and cleaning. Took me 2 hours to get my daughter at school because we have a snow storm. I can't believe this is really happening, oh my!!! Any last words of advice?
Rest after, be patient, and don't get discouraged by the swelling...good luck:-) I had my MM in March....changed my life
Thank you! I need to remind myself of that so I wont get frustrated!
Woohoooo! 7 15 am for me tomorrow ! I am running around like a crazy woman getting all the Xmas stuff in order ....gonna be a long night! Good luck and positive Vibes to all dec 18th mommy makeovers out there! Xox

Getting ready! Here we go!

I'm up and ready! Gotta be at the PS's office by 8:30. I'm less nervous than previous days but I know I'm going to cry when They take me to the OR. Just last night I was realizing how different my breasts are and how I've put up with them like that for 7 years! They're so uneven! I hope I get good results! Wish me luck guys!
Good luck ! I am sitting outside my clinic waiting for Them to open the door:) talk to you on the flat side! Xo

1:20 am update! On the Flat Side

Hey guys. So I'm on the flat side! I went in at 8:30. Was received with a smile. They addressed all of my questions! The anesthesiologist was a sweet heart! I was really scared of pain and they were awesome about it. They took me to the OR and I told the about my big fear of needles! So the one of the OR nurses Debbie help my hand the whole time. Then I passed out. Next thing I know I woke up and they said everything went great. I was so out of it! They gave me ginger ale- no nausea. They gave me itravenous pain medication. My husband and the nurses got me in the car. It was not bad at all . Then we went to pick to my daughter at school, she's in there after school so this was around. She asked sammy why I was talking non stop about the Fugees,lol! The ride took 1:45 mins total because with yesterday's snow storm. The meds were wearing off because of that and to be honest I was not in pain but had this crazy burning sensation on the lipo areas.Got home. my hubby has been amazing taking care of me! I'm not really in pain if I don't move. I'm drinking lots of water. Had some oatmeal and a protein shake. No nausea. For now I just can't sleep. The vicodin doesn't really make me sleepy, so I wish! I hope I'm not in pain tomorrow but so far this has been better than my c section 7 years ago where the pain was unbearable! How are you guys doing?
How are you doing??!

Day 2 Review

Hi guys! So I couldn't sleep the whole night, not one bit! Not because of pain but I was just wide awake!!!! Just talked to my doctor's nurse and she says I'm probably one of the few that Vicodin gives them energy….just my luck! She sent a prescription of Toradol to CVS hoping that would make me feel a little sleepy and help me rest. As for the pain, I'm more uncomfortable. I'm only hurting when I have to stand up. I have't taken a peek yet. I don't want to have to take the binder off etc I'm home alone today. I've hired someone for an hour in the morning and she's been getting me food etc and she will come back in the afternoon to check on me. Then my husband will be in charge again. He helped me a lot last night. At one point I called him on his cell and he fell asleep again, he said he thought it was a dream.
I am one day post and I agree c-sections were much worse than my tummy and boobs. I did not get lipo though.
with my c sections I cried of pain….now I"m only in pain if I try to sit up. I had someone come in and help me out for 2 hours in the morning. Hopefully she'll come back this afternoon like she said. Otherwise I'm screwed because standing up my myself is pretty hard :( Boobs don't hurt at all though!
Oh so glad everything went well, sorry to hear of The not sleeping, that sucks. I am on dilotin(sp) and seem to kind I just drift on and off in light sleep, about half hour at a time. Def feeling the burning in my side, I got a tummy pic yesterday and Posted , take a look and tell Me Your thoughts :) ill get a boob shot today, I'm a bit Worried they are too small, but Nurse says the are perfect, so we will see

3pm update

I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office and she said they did repair my abdominal muscles because they were pretty much destroyed which I'm pretty happy about!
I went in today. I'm now on the flat side with you! No pain, just feel weird when I get up.I do get nauseous if I sit up for too long. I have a great appetite--just very tired. Glad you're doing well!
Glad to hear things went smoothly.. Happy Healing !!!
So glad to hear you are doing good with the pain.

Pain and Tired

hi guys! I'm in a bit of pain today, so I took another vicodin within 3 hours instead of waiting 6 hours. I'm really uncomfortable. I wish I could make my torso straight! I took a peek at my boobs and the aureolas looks smaller yay! I'm getting a little overwhelmed with the whole not being able to move etc,
Just hang in there. Everyday gets better and this will just be a memory in a couple of days. Remember to focus on standing by lifting with your legs. All my good thoughts coming your way!
how long did it take you to walk straight after surgery?
My RX says every 4 hours. And they said I could take Ibuprofen in between so I'm taking something every two hours. Only painful when I have an overpowering urge to cough. Terrible!

Constipation?

Anyone suffering from this? Since yesterday I have taken 5 pills of stool softener and nothing!
I am 48 hours with no stool and I am taking stool softener. I had surgery Wednesday and started taking 3 a day yesterday. Just a lot of gas. I don't feel constipated.
I don't feel gas but I've eaten enough food and it should come out! I'm very regular in that department so it's just weird to me. My friend told me to try mineral oil but just the idea of it makes me want to puke lol!
I am surprised with my appetite also. I am normally regular, but after my second c-section I NEEDED the stool softener. So I knew with this, I would need the softeners again.

DAY 4 POST OP

Hello girls! So last night I took a peek at my breasts and the aureolas look smaller, of course there's a lot of swelling etc so I didn't want to see much. I did take a peek at the sides on my TT scar and It's beyond low!!! I hope the whole scar's like that. I've seen some photos of scars that are too high but it seems my doctor listened very well to all my requests. Getting excited! However, how long is it going to take for me t to start walking straight? I managed to wake up last night my myself and go pee. Still taking the stool softener and NOTHING!
I was mostly upright by day 5. The Dr encourages me to walk as upright as much as comfortable. I have sutures not glue or steri strips. Milk of magnesia got things moving on day 4. I took the max dose so I was really loose and running a lot so be careful

Shower Time

Wow that was rough! Not because of general pain but standing makes my lower back hurt insanely bad! So I had to shower while bending completely forward and my husband had to wash my behind because I can't reach it …God bless his soul! WHen he saw me he said my boobs are looking great, that they're pretty even, yay! He said I have no belly either but that he can tell I'm all swollen. So let's give it time. I didn't take pictures because it's really hard to stand straight but will stake some as soon as I can keep my torso straight!
Wow so jealous that you got To shower ! My doc Thinks my drains could be in up to 3 weeks:( lucky duck :p
I showered with my drains in. My PS told me I could have done it the next day, but I wanted to wait one more day.
I have no drains which I guess good for me!! It was hard though cause I'm pain free until I try to walk because then my lower back hurts insanely bad. It would be better to move around if I had a walker lol

Almost Fell!!

I decided to try to go to the bathroom by myself early in the morning and I slipped and almost fell sideways! Thank God there was a chair right there and I held on to it but then I had to call my husband to help me out. I felt a big pull on the sides of the incision, not blood and no separation! Talked to my nurse she told mr I still need to keep trying to move around more everyday. I feel like I ran a marathon…..soooo tired!!
when do you get to shower?
they told me the same, that I could shower by Friday, but sincerely, it was a challenge. My poor husband had to help me like bathing a toddler :-p
I showered by myself 2 days post op with my drains. It was hard to lift the bottle of shampoo because I have one of the liter sizes. My back was definilty throbbing and I took an oxy put my hair in a bun all wet and went to bed. I am 4 days post op and I am planning on taking another shower tonight and using a lighter bottle of shampoo.

Got my Period

Just to make it all more awesome…not! I got my period yesterday so I've been dealing with that too. My mission tomorrow is to take a shower and somehow detangle my hair which is very curly all before my post op appt
Lol got my period 2 days post op too, what a joy that is to deal with!
Thank God for small favors. No periods for me again ever. I can't even imagine the mess that would be.
how come you get no periods? do you have a mirena?

I can't believe I fell down the stairs!!!

I went to my 1st post op. Dr Samaha said I looked great and that the incisions look amazing give it's only been 5 days. They told me I needed to start walking straight which is kind if hard because my lower back hurts. Anyways, I was doing great and then when I got home I slipped on the stairs backwards!! I fell an awful pain on my belly, like a rip. I started crying and my husband helped me right away. I called Dr. Samaha and they told me that if my belly changes colors, like if it bruises it could be a hematoma and that I should contact them, but so far my belly looks fine, just my back hurts more because I fell backwards…..just mu luck right?!
Holy crap! I thought coughing was bad. That could have been really ugly. Even without surgery. You really have no idea how unstable our bodies are right now. Balance is off and muscles are weaker. Be ever so much more careful. Even when they undid the CG the first time I nearly fell backwards from the sudden looseness. Praying that nothing changes colors and everything is OK. Be good( and carefuller, yes that's a word. I made it up just now for you.)
You poor thing. I am so cautious because I am scared to death I am going to rip something. I did sneeze today and thought I ripped everything. It felt like a hot wet explosion inside my stomach. I instantly felt hot and had a cold sweat on my body. I googled what to do, and I looked for color changing and any long lasting pain. I have none, but everything on me is numb now. I am going in to see my ps in the morning for my check up anyway.
Omg! Sit down for gawds sake, i hope you are ok, I can't imagine falling! Take care. Xo

Update on the fall!

Hi guys, so I'm feeling better. No changes in the area. I did try today to move around more. My lower back is killing me!!!! No I do notice I have no balance…my body's off. Even walking to the bathroom makes me feel like I ran a marathon. Anyone feeling the same? I can't wait until I can walk straight without a problem.
No, you are right. I've been completely clumsy and off balance and dropping everything I touch. I had to get a long pair of tongs from the kitchen just to pick up stuff that I drop. It's like your whole center of gravity is off. I'm still wearing the no slip socks from the surgery so I won't slip and fall. I can't even imagine driving right now! I really have to admire any of you who are doing this without full time help. Be good and be careful.
Hope everything is ok. Be careful and ask people for help. This is not the time to be brave. Take care and happy healing :-)

One Week Update and Xmas Outing

Hi all! Thanks all for your comments. I'm feeling way better since the fall, my back's still killing me. We went to a friend's house today for lunch, however it was too much for me so the family friend offered that I slept a little in the guest room. I got 2 full hours of sleep. Non one knows I had a TT and BL. I told them it was a hernia repair lol! But they were all nice about it. Now, when I walk I have no balance so I've been holding my husband's hand. Kids, I'm not kidding, I wobble like penguin and have NO balance, so if you're getting a TT, be ready to ask for help! Also I tried on my regular low cut underwear (I have been wearing granny's undies) and my incision is soooooo low it will be covered! Can't wait to wear a swimsuit in the summer!!!!!!!
yes, no balance whatsoever! I never heard of that before surgery!
trying hard to not do everything myself. I'm like the freaking road runner doing everything, running around 24/7. so it's hard to ask for help!
how did your check your go?

2 Important things!

One thing is yesterday when we went out I can't wear anything tight around mu waist cause I'm so sore but when I put on some leggins and a shirt that normally would've made me look more round and I would have hated looking at myself in the mirror with I saw how different I looked!! OMG! No belly, I have curves!
Second, I slacked off on the pain meds yesterday, therefore I was in a lot of pain and didn't get to sleep well. Then had a coughing spell, ohhhhhhh that hurt badly. So yeah, even if you think you're super woman, take your pain meds! I'm now on tylenol and advil and I shall be more diligent about taking it!

10 Days! Review and Itching!

Hi guys! It's been 10 days and I'm feeling so much different! I'm mobile now! My doctor told me to start walking on the 25th so yesterday I went to the mall to walk with my husband and daughter because my house's small and there's no real space to walk. Anyways, after 30 mins I was done!!! I was able to sleep on my side last night, yay! Today I'm itching all over, my belly button has been itching like crazy, but today right under my breasts it's itching and one side of my incision feels like burning!! Thinking of calling my doctor to see what I can do. He had said I could use some A & E lotion but it's not helping with the itching :/ Anyone experiencing this?

Photos!

You look fantastic! Nice shape!
Looking great!
You look fantastic!

I went to exchange a Jacket and….

I was beyond amazed when I went to try on Jackets at Lululemon. I never buy there because why bother with my huge belly. I got a jacket from there for xmas that didn't fit right and I tried on the fitted ones and oh my…..they looked so good!! I have a freaking waist! My hips are still swollen and I can't feel the sides but the skin in front I have normal sensation. I'm having a lot of pain in one little part of the incision but it doesn't look open and it looks normal, but it burns badly!
You look really good! I'm 3 months post TT with Dr Samaha. I really love him & his nurses. My scars not the straightest though. & I still don't feel as flat & tight as I hoped for . A definate improvement though . I go on 1/21 for follow up. We'll see what he thinks.
You look great. Feel better.
Yay, jackets!

Tape off!!!

So I went to my 2nd post off and I told them about the incredible amount of itching I was going through so they decided to take the tape off, they said it might have been because of the tape. I have to say, the scars look SOOO much better without the tape!!! I'm very happy on how everything's looking. They gave me Aquafor too in case of more itching. They said to keep wearing the garment and to try not to fall down the stairs again lol! Also, they said to keep walking but no gym still, of course!
You look amazing. I'm at ten days post. Thank you for sharing your progress.
What does your garment look like? I have a belly wrap, and it is too big and they told me to get spanx.
mine is a wrap….it's def stretching. They did tell me to start thinking of a spank but the ones that don't roll down, because if it rolls down it can create scar tissue, so they suggested to get the ones that cover your belly and have straps….I think at Sears and Macys they let you try them on. I might go tomorrow.

New photos

They took all the tape off so this is how I look. It's been 13 says I think. I feel really tight today in the belly area and the incision area is more sore because they took the tape off

Here are the photos

You look AMAZING! And your tt scar is so low. I hope I have results like this!
I don't see the pics from today...
Oh ok, you look fantastic!!!

13 days photo

thank you! that's the one thing I was worried about, how high or low the scar would be but thank goodness is beyond low, as low as it could get!!!
thank you!

New Year's Eve, New Year and Cleaning All Day!

Hey guys, so I went to a friend's house yesterday to celebrate new year's eve and I wasn't feeling so hot. I was in a bit of pain on the sides, I guess from the lipo so I took some Tylenol so I sat a lot. Thank goodness it wasn't a dress up party so I wore yoga pants with a fitted jacket and UGGs. Today I'm feeling a thousand times better so I've been cleaning ALL day. A little bit of back pain from my belly pulling me in so I've done a lot of cleaning while sitting. Also, sleeping in my bed's still tricky because there is not position in which I am comfortable. Any ideas?
Looks great! Looks like you have little to no swelling!!
I do have plenty of swelling, it's just mainly around the hips. My belly is swollen but not as bad as other people I have seen, so I guess I'm lucky in that sense. I still don't fit in my normal clothes though cause of the swelling
Hi there - you are looking fabulously flat continued happy healing

Pounds and Inches

Hello everyone! I just wanted to update you. I weighed myself and I have lost 7 pounds since my surgery….what???!!! Also, right under my belly button I used to measure 38 1'2 inches, that's where the bulk was. Now it's 33' 1/2!! I know once the swelling goes down the change's going to be more dramatic but I'm already happy with the results as of now. I have been trying to eat healthy, lean protein and veggies, fruit, low sugar etc….. the first days after surgery I had to eat whatever my husband got me cause I couldn't move, which included pizza and wings lol! On new year's eve I did eat sweets but I'm taking care of my investment :)
You look great! The difference in ur pre op and post op is amazing. You have a small frame and curvy waistline now!
I'm very happy with the results! Very dramatic right! The night before I was thinking my doctor was not going to be able to do much about my breasts but he did it!
You look fantastic! Hope youre healing alright, sorry to hear about your fall. I couldnt imagine! For sleep, I use a ridiculous amount of pillows. It takes some getting used to tho. Happy healing luv!

3 Weeks update

I have been feeling great! Walking straight and all. One part of the scar is open still, like 1/2 an inch so I haven't started going to the gym because I don't want it to get infected on anything. Same thing under one of my breasts. My doctor told me to use aquafor and not worry about it because it's not infected and that I should wait until everything's close to do any silicon treatment for the scars, however my scar looks great overall!
Great transformation! Looking awesome- u must be happy with the results!
Looking good nice low scar - happy healing
You look great and not swollen at all :)

I'm freaking out! Incisions are open :(

So on 01/7 I saw my doctor because I noticed I had an opening on my TT incision in 2 different areas and right under my right breast. They said that it was normal, no infection and that it will heal on it's own but today I noticed they're bigger!!! I'm so sad and depressed. I don't want complications. I haven't been to the gym or doing any activities and I'm taking scare of myself so I don't know why this is happening.
Hi, wanted to see how your doing? Did you have your appt?
I've spar a stitch out of my bb but no reopening or seepage. I'd ring yr surgeon
Very nice

Possible Infection

So, I did go see my doctor on Monday to check on the openings and everything was fine but today I woke up with crazy pain on my right breast where the opening is and it was intense. So I called my doctor's office and they told me to come in. My breast was red! Doctor said the opening didn't look infected but he put me on antibiotics just in case, but it still hurts like crazy. I took advil and 3 hours later tylenol and it doesn't help with the pain :( He told me to call tomorrow to see how I'm doing. He also said because I'm dealing with so much crap he was going to give me the scar treatment silicone lotion for free. He told me to put it on my left breast which healed nice and my belly button. Ugh, I hate this!!!
I did, I've gone twice this week! Such a bummer! I might have an infection, I have crazy pain in my right breast!
Oh no :( did he give you any meds? Hang in there, I'm sure he will take good care of you!
Just read your update. Hope your feeling better soon.

Weird-Do I still have a huge belly?

I was sitting on my computer and I had this crazy feeling that I still have a huge belly….I even took a peek to make sure. I've been feeling this on and off….is anyone going through that?
Phantom belly! Like when people have an arm or leg amputated and still feel it… I have been experiencing that too. I hope your concerns with the open wounds turn out ok.
Sorry to hear of your pain , glad you are on antibiotics. I totally feel like my belly is still there and am quite swollen at times so it still looks big under clothes :( it's a bummer, but being only a month preop, this they tell me Will pass and We will be frolicking on the beach in bathing suits before We know it:p chin up girl, this recovery process has been brutal in us and Is definatly not pretty, but one day very soon this will all be a Distant Memory....Xo
Yes mine just doesn't feel like it, it is big. Actually, I have a bigger tummy than before. No waistline either which I did have a pretty small waist before. I have been taking arnica, but haven't gotten my hands on turmeric yet. I am at 17 day post op.

Painkillers

The boob pain has been bad so my doctor prescribed vicodin cause Tylenol and Advil were not helping. I'm really hoping to get better soon!
Do u know what's wrong with yr boob as yet??? Have u been lifting?
no, I haven't done anything….no exercise, nothing
the ones in my hips are finally closing up, hopefully my breast heals before my vacation on Feb 16!!

Super Swollen

I don't know if it's because of all this stuff I'm going through but I'm super swollen…maybe it's because I'm about to get my period? I wore a pair of exercise pants without my CG for a couple of hours and now I have indentation around my hips. I just put my CG on again!
I just got my period and I am super swollen and in a lot of pain.
That's how I felt last week. I called the doctor cause I was so uncomfortable and swollen. Take motrin and drink lots of water and walk
is advil the same as motrin? I'm super swollen too!

Vicodin

Vicodin is like eating candy….it doesn't do anything! My poor little boob hurts like crazy and the freaking vicodin don't do anything….I'm gonna take some advil!
How are you doing ??
Get the scotch out!
That really sux! I hope it gets better soon

Healing, slowly but healing!

I've been seeing my doctor twice a week. They've been really caring. I was on Vicodin for a couple of days because of the pain on my right breast. I'm still on antibiotics but the pain is gone, yay!!! So this means that hopefully I won't have more complications. My doctor says he thinks I've had a reaction to the stitches but that if I'm not satisfy with the end result that he'll fix whatever needs to be fixed. Also, the holes on my TT incision are closing, finally! The one on the left side is almost closed, and the one on the right is on it's way, but so much better, doesn't hurt or anything. The incision around my belly button has raised on the left side. I've been applying the scar treatment, but I think I'm going to get some silicone sheets to that. I will post some pictures later when I have some time. Thanks all for the support!
LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK i hope things get better tomorrow is a brand new day PRAYERS for YOU to go with the luck
I'm glad things are getting better !
I'm sorry to hear this. I hope your feeling better and everything is going good.

Still dealing with this!

I finished my antibiotics but my right breast still hurts, in the nipple area. I've been having to go to my doctor once or twice a week because stitched keep popping. Also yesterday I noticed I have another opening under my left breast too! Both breasts have holes now and it hurts and burns :( One of the openings on my hip closed the other one is healing. My belly button scar raised and looks ugly. I'm using the silicone treatment for it but I don't see any difference and I hate it so bad! My doctor says I have to wait until 3 month appointment because that's usually when scars look the worse and to not freak out but it's obviously a keloid! How am I not going to freak out?!
Hello, just dropping by to say hello & hoping your issues are resolving.. Unfortunately issues do arise my rt breast is like it was always there. My left was about 7 months before it stopped hurting & felling the pins and needles.
How are you doing?
I had a breast revision 3 weeks ago and there are a few small openings on my vertical lift incisions that have small holes from my body rejecting the stitches. I was placed on antibiotics 5 day sago as well as given a topical ointment for them. Did yours heal ok or did they leave bad scars? Also how long did it take for them to heal? Mine don't look very different at all from 5 days ago when I first noticed them :(
Quincy Plastic Surgeon