Day 4 of Recovery - Boston, MA

Had been thinking of getting a mini facelift for...

Had been thinking of getting a mini facelift for about 7 years. I'm turning 50 soon & decided now was the time.

Not sure how "mini" it really was. Surgeon said it was a vertical facelift but mini. Incisions in hairline at temple, inside front of ear & extending into hairline behind ears.

No major swelling or bruising except for under eyes. Under eye area is purple & very swollen but not tender. I did not have an upper or lower bleph.There is much more pain than I expected. I was told it would feel tight but not painful. Ears are very painful. Jaw is somewhat painful. I don't look different at all except maybe jaw a little firmer but I'm glad I don't look freaky.

It's still too early to see results. I had a tummy tuck & lipo several years ago but find the facelift more uncomfortable. Sutures out in front of ears in 3 days. The others feel wierd maybe wire sutures or staples. Will keep you posted.

Day 6 - under eyes are still really black. Ears...

Day 6 - under eyes are still really black. Ears are pretty painful. They feel like they were cut off and sewn back on. Also right jaw has become really sore. The compression garment actually makes things feel better. I had to get a refill of pain meds as it's still too hard to sleep at night without them. During day I really try to just take Tylenol. Asked husband if I looked different to him. He said cheeks looked higher. I also noticed this & when I smile I have less lines but this could be just from swelling. I think I will be happy once the pain and stiffness subsides as I wanted subtle improvements in jaw line, smile lines & dropping cheeks. Sutures in front of ears supposed to come out tomorrow.

Have had several procedures over many years. On the expensive side but considered one of best in field.