Day 4 of Recovery - Boston, MA

Had been thinking of getting a mini facelift for...

Had been thinking of getting a mini facelift for about 7 years. I'm turning 50 soon & decided now was the time.

Not sure how "mini" it really was. Surgeon said it was a vertical facelift but mini. Incisions in hairline at temple, inside front of ear & extending into hairline behind ears.

No major swelling or bruising except for under eyes. Under eye area is purple & very swollen but not tender. I did not have an upper or lower bleph.There is much more pain than I expected. I was told it would feel tight but not painful. Ears are very painful. Jaw is somewhat painful. I don't look different at all except maybe jaw a little firmer but I'm glad I don't look freaky.

It's still too early to see results. I had a tummy tuck & lipo several years ago but find the facelift more uncomfortable. Sutures out in front of ears in 3 days. The others feel wierd maybe wire sutures or staples. Will keep you posted.

Day 6 - under eyes are still really black. Ears...

Day 6 - under eyes are still really black. Ears are pretty painful. They feel like they were cut off and sewn back on. Also right jaw has become really sore. The compression garment actually makes things feel better. I had to get a refill of pain meds as it's still too hard to sleep at night without them. During day I really try to just take Tylenol. Asked husband if I looked different to him. He said cheeks looked higher. I also noticed this & when I smile I have less lines but this could be just from swelling. I think I will be happy once the pain and stiffness subsides as I wanted subtle improvements in jaw line, smile lines & dropping cheeks. Sutures in front of ears supposed to come out tomorrow.

How are you doing now, youngmom? Hopefully your recovery is nearly over by now. Please keep us updated when you can! :)

It's been 6 weeks since my mini lift & I feel completely recovered except for some numbness in front of ears. I think the doctor did a great job. Very natural. Nobody has commented. It's so subtle I don't think anyone has notice. Skin is tighter but not too tight, cheekbones are a little higher, less sagging around mouth, and my slight jowling is gone. Neck & jawline is slightly tighter but it didn't include neck lift so not perfectly defined. I would say it maybe turned back clock by 5 yrs. I think if I had had a lower bleph like the doctor suggested I would look much younger but they are pretty crepey. Overall very satisfied.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're doing well. Subtle is good! :)

Have had several procedures over many years. On the expensive side but considered one of best in field.