Breast Reduction - Boston MA

I am 17 years old and I had just graduated from...

I am 17 years old and I had just graduated from highschool. When I was in 8th grade, I was flat chested. Girls would make fun of me because I was a small girl (about 5'1 now, 110lbs) and I wasn't developing as quickly as the other girls in the chest area.

As soon as my period came in January of my freshman year, I sprouted very quickly. My breasts were a size of about DD-DDD my senior year. I had back pains, but I didn't think they were from my breasts. My mom had shown me an article about a girl my age who had gotten a breast reduction and how it changed her life. That article inspired me.

Once thoughts were running through my head about a breast reduction, I contacted a couple girls from my school that I knew had a breast reduction. Once talking to the girls, they told me they went to a surgeon in Boston at Children's Hospital. I brought this up to my mom, and she said it was a great idea to make an appointment because Boston is known for great doctors and surgeons. After meeting with the surgeon and after seeing the environment, I knew I that it was the place to go to. I wanted to get it done that day. They approved me for the surgery and it took about a month for my insurance to notify us that they would cover the entire cost.

Going into surgery, everyone there was so thoughtful. They treated me so great, and I really was not nervous at all. After the surgery, I woke up with a 2.5 out of 10 pain level. Now, I have had the surgery about a week. I was off pain meds by the 4th day, and I feel great. My breasts are even and symmetrical. I am a full C, although they are a little swollen. I could not be happier with the results. I no longer feel pain in my back and I cannot wait to see the final product when the swelling goes down, because even right now my breasts still look perfect! I could not thank enough the staff who had changed my life in that operating room. It really makes a huge difference.

WOW- you are a brave sole and I am so happy for you!!! Once the swelling goes down, you are going to love yourself even more. Kudos to your mom for being so supportive. Good luck and God Speed!!

Good deal!  I am happy that you have relief.  I am sure you are feeling amazing now.  Your swelling will go down over the next few weeks so don't worry about that.

Keep us up to date:)

I do! I don't regret it one bit. I just want the swelling to go down already!
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I recommend Dr. L because he is quick and straight to the point. He answers many questions and he does not leave you waiting. His office is very great at making sure you aren't waiting and you have all your questions answered.