Breast Implant Removal with Fat Transfer - Boston, MA

I have had problems with my implants for years...

I have had problems with my implants for years with at least four operations on one side and three on the other. I had gone to 5 other plastic surgeons before getting a referral from another great plastic surgeon who wouldn't even think of touching me. He told me Dr. D. was doing new procedures with fat grafting and I might be a candidate for it. I called and scheduled an appt. I'm from CT so it was a drive but well worth it.

The office is beautiful, the staff so helpful and I love the doctor. I brought in my medical history for Dr. D but he took one look at me and knew all of it. From that point I knew he was the doctor for me. He had no reservations from the start and I felt so confident. I'm doing the work required before surgery. Its a little trying at times, but I know it will be worth it in the long run and Dr. D. will do a beautiful job.

Plus for now I get to eat chocolate cake, pasta and chocolate. All the things I've stayed away from for ever. I need to gain the fat for the procedure. That outweighs the pre-surgery prep.

Now reading my post there is much I should have...

Now reading my post there is much I should have included such as it was 20 years when I first had my implants, I stayed with the same doctor and after the first ten years, I noticed a hardending and went back to the same doctor. Yes it was time for new implants, from then on it was a nightmare and to think he was a board certified surgeon and well concognized in the community. I wish he still practiced because I would write information that would steer people away from him. Unfortunately or maybe for lots of other contemplating surgery, it is fortunate he is no longer practicing. Please realize that when you have implants, the consequences involved. They only last for a total of ten years, they will need to be replaced. Think of the placement of the implants as there are so many options out there. The chance of infection(s) is there. I spent a total of three days in the hospital because of infection and a stitch that was left inside. They do harden, no matter what you may think or think it won't happen to you, it can and the instances that it will are great. So it was a total of 20 years for me and I will post pictures of my now (post-op) pictures, but they are still difficult to look at. I hope the after will be well worth it. I will keep you updated.

Well today is one day pre-surgery. I'll be going...

Well today is one day pre-surgery. I'll be going for post op and to my doctor's office for digital stereo imaging with the camera to see the expansion. We'll have to see if I've made my volume goals. Last week I had one over and one under. We were all pleased. I was told this week would be more difficult in growth. Its been a bitch of a week trying to expand these breasts of mine but its amazing that it is working. The crease is going away. I'll try to update you on Friday if I'm not too over the top from the pain meds. I'll be so happy not to have to wear these huge monstrosities anymore. Thank you all for your well wishes!!
Boston Plastic Surgeon

He was the most knowledgeable and recognized for this type of procedure.

Hi, any updates? I hope you're doing well and recovering! I know what you are going through having had breast implants that were removed.
Hi Deb, Can you give us an update and let us know how you are doing? Thanks, Amelia Girl
Any and all opinions are welcome. I am wondering how and where to get more info on Dr. D. I have researched many boards, websites, articles and search engines and he has mixed results. I am very interested I fat grafting to breasts and have contacted Dr. Khouri and some others. Would anyone be willing to,share their experiences with me. I would so,appreciate it
What size are your breast now?
everyone and every situation is different Deb..if u r happy with your results, that is all that matters at this stage... "-)
I am wishing you the best outcome. I know how it feels to have a really bad result from an ellective surgery and to ask yourself..why did I do this. Unfortunately, I started with Dr D and have had an absolutely horrible experience. I hope he treats you a lot better than he did me and that you do not have too many lumps from the fat transfer. I have huge peach size clumps of fat that will most likely NOT go away. Once I wasn't happy with the surgery DR D wanted nothing to do with me. I was told lumps and fat necrosis were rare and small..not huge. If I have the clumps removed I will be disfigured. Also, there is so little reasearch on fat transfer that when I go to other doctors in the area they have no idea what to do or make of it. I hope you result is not the same
Well I must say this was a really depressing email but I so appreciate you sending it to me. I am sure there are good results and not so good results. I believe all circumstances are different. Can I ask when the operation was performed and how long you searched for a doctor. Did you feel Dr. D. was excited about the results in the beginning and then just turned u away? How long after the surgery did you realize they weren't going to go away and that was what you had to settle for? I am so sorry the operation didn't get you the results you were searching for. As you said we can understand what it is to go from one horrible outcome to another. I, as you, felt this was my only other option except to finally say to hell with it and leave what nature did give me. I have no idea how old you are but as I am at an age where I felt this was my last option and if I don't get the results I am searching for then I know I have tried every option available, I am not at an age where I am dating and have to think about taking off my clothes and feeling so ashamed at what has happened to me. I will accept whatever outcome there is and live with it. May I ask how many doctors you have gone to, Have you asked them to take out the lumps? Did you ask Dr. D. to take them out? I'm sure you can understand all my questions. I have loaded some pics. Do you have any pictures you can share?
How are you doing now? Did Dr. D. really say he couldn't help you? I have some hardening areas but he can fix them for me. Yes I will need more surgery but if anyone expects to reach their goal with one session of fat grafting then you need to lower your expectations. Injecting too much fat can cause the body to reject it. This is all so new to so many surgeons, I suggest everyone do their homework. Dr. D has been wonderful to me and I would recommend him to anyone. I'm not estatic with the results yet but I know in time it will get better.
hi deb, no apologies for any delay in posting here; you deserve all the time you need after such a challenging
experience. i have so much admiration and respect for your resilience, and am very happy that this surgery has
yielded good results. look forward to seeing the final results after the swelling has gone. take care and all the
best!
First I would like to say so many thanks go to all of you who have wished me well. . Sorry it has taken so long but I haven't felt much like doing anything at all. Now to the best part! My breasts look awesome!! I took some pictures yesterday but they were so yellow. Seems the black and blue shows up in yellow. I must say it has been a long road, but one well worth the undertaking. The operation lasted about three hours I was told. My surgeon took some pics and showed them to my husband to show what he had done. The crease is GONE!!! My ps also thought he might have to do a breast life which would have meant a scar going down the center but in the end they look pretty damn good. He didn't have to do it. To all of you comtemplating this undertaking, realize you have to be really committed to the BRAVA system and the time you have to put into it. Gaining the weight wasn't that difficult of course and my ps managed to find spots to pull fat from my calves to my back. Yes I was so very sore and am still swollen but I am now able to walk without much difficulty and get up easily. I am now in the second phase of the compression garment which entails a spanz to my knees and stockings from my toes to my upper thighs. I am also in an underwire bra 24 hours for the next month as my ps is in Spain and I won't see him till then. The stitches will be fine or will just fall out. I hope I have answered all your questions, and as soon as I am able I will post some pictures. By the way, yes my breasts are swollen and I have cleavage, but now sure how much they will go down. My ps is quite proud of our journey and how all has turned out. It is just so great not to have implants!! If u have any questions just shoot me an email here and I'll try to answer.
Hi Deb! I have been wondering how things went for you. I'm SO happy to hear that you have a good result! I hope it just gets better from here. You've given me confidence to pursue this option further - now I'm excited! Thanks for sharing your story!
So do you have any updates on how the transfer went?
I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties you and others have experienced over the years with your implants. I have had mine for 17 years without any problems whatsoever. My are still soft and look so natural most people do not think they are not implants at all. Breaks my heart to hear others go through such difficulties. Sending prayers and blessings ur way!!
So yesterday was the day...praying for you, I hope it went smoothly. Let us know how you feel. Best wishes.
I have been through and experienced the same thing you have for the last 25 years. I've had five revisions and now searching for a doctor in my area that can remove and do the fat transfer at the same time. Most doctors that I have been to, said to remove the implants and let my body heal and then a year later, maybe a lift or fat transfer. I dont think I can handle two more surgeries at this stage of my life. I think implants should banded from the market because of all the complications, not to mention the thousands of dollars it cost to redo. My implants were beautiful for about a years and then it was one surgery after another. I will be praying that your surgery will be a sucess and hope that you recovery will be quick. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
good luck and best wishes. will be praying for you.
good luck, hope it went well!
Hi there, you commented on my fat transfer review. I wish you the best of luck, will be thinking of you this Thursday and wishing/praying for a fast recovery and successful surgery.
Also, I'm originally from CT too--from Ridgefield. Again good luck I'm looking forward to seeing your results!
Thank you so much! I"m a bit nervous. Today is my last office visit before tomorrow, so we'll be measuring to see how much volume I have accumulated and then off for pre-op. Staying in Boston tonight. The 2 hour drive was just not worth it. Again thank you!
hi deb, don't know when you are having your surgery, but i wish lots of luck and great
results to you. if you tell me the time/day and name of place/city where you're having it, i will send you some distant (reiki) healing during that time. take care and god bless!
The day is tomorrow!! I guess surgery will start at 9:00. Thank you much for your well wishes!
No not yet. Went for my weekly breast check up yesterday and I need to keep increasing. Thank you for asking. Much appreciated.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. You're surgery is really soon, are you all prepared (apart from still gaining weight)? Please do keep us updated on your progress.