Fixing Adult Cross Bite - Boston, MA

First, I really spent $7,500, the first $2,500...

First, I really spent $7,500, the first $2,500 going to a dentist and an awful week of Invisalign, the rest going to a highly rated orthodontist for 10 months in braces and retainers at the end if treatment (those cost extra with Invisalgn!). Learn a lesson from me, folks. Before you pay for Invisalign with your dentist, see the orthodontist first as they typically do Invisalign too so will know if that option is the best for you. Ok, on to my review of ceramic braces.

The majority of my teeth aside from three in the front have been in crossbite for years, contributing to a narrow upper arch, so imagine my surprise when at age 35 and after only two months of tooth-colored braces and wires, all of my teeth except three molars are crossed correctly in front of my lower teeth! I started wearing a rubber band on my one molar to be corrected (the back ones are stacked on each other and don't have brackets on them, so I don't know if they will be corrected). The rubber band is slowly pulling that molar out of crossbite after one month of use. Tomorrow is my third adjustment and the start of treatment month four. If things are looking this good, I can't wait to see the results at the end of ten months! Also, my TMJ really flared up with Invisalign, but hasn't bothered me at all with actual braces or since I started wearing the elastics between my upper and lower teeth. In fact, I think my TMJ has improved now that my bite is fitting together almost normally. My only issue is that two gaps have opened up next to my two front teeth, but I think those gaps will be closed during treatment at some point.

I am now 8 months into my treatment and getting...

I am now 8 months into my treatment and getting those gaps closed up. My crossbite is fixed, teeth are straight, and upper bite is wider than when I started. It looks like I may even be out of braces and into retainers before I hit 10 months!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear you had to incur an such a hefty extra expense with your treatment. I would love it if you would fill out a review for Invisalign as well.

How very exciting that you are already seeing your teeth come out of crossbite!! Keep up the good work with those elastics & I bet those molars will correct too. Keep us posted on how its going please!