My First Fraxel - Boston, MA

It took me a long time to build up the courage to...

It took me a long time to build up the courage to get Fraxel done. About the procedure itself: well, In my opinion, if you can't tolerate pain, don't do Fraxel. My fraxel treatment hurts like hell. I hated it, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts! I was being a big wuss, but Dr. Ishoo and Neomi were so patience with me. Noemi kept checking on me every time I twitch, and she even held my hands when I get tense. Dr. Ishoo also stopped several times during the procedure to give me breaks (THANK GOD!).

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are already splurging on beauty and perfection, how could one settles for any surgeon less than the best? I am a very skeptical person, so I did a lot of research before I finally become a patient of Dr. Ishoo. I went to 4 clinics (2 surgeons, 1 dr and 1 spa place). Dr. Ishoo's treatment was the most expensive, but I still decided to go with him. I like Dr. Ishoo , because he doesn't give me any bullshits sales pitch or lofty promises. At my free consultation, he answered questions, gave me a very realistic expectation, informed me of all the risk and then walked away. None of his staff tried to sell me anything, and I really liked that. At other places, I definitely felt different sales pitch. Everyone at this clinic is beautiful, even their clients are gorgeous (hahahahha, myself included, of course! :P). At my first visit, there were 3 other ladies and a guy in the waiting area. They all looked natural. I was really looking forward to see at least 1 "real house-wife" at a plastic surgeon's office, but the clients I met looked normal - as if they had never had anything done. Seeing other patient's at his office was reassuring to me, because who wants to pay $, gets surgery done and looks plastic? CON: I don't think it is easy to become his patient. They have a pretty stringent screening process. At my first visit, I had to answered pages and pages of questions about EVERYTHING (psychological assessment, diet, family history, etc etc). Oh ya, and Dr. Ishoo actually turned me down on a more expensive treatment. He said I'm not a good candidate for Fraxel Re:Pair because of my skin type and my busy schedule. His rejection of my money makes me trust his authority in the field more. :P So obviously since I just got my Fraxel done, I can't tell you much about the outcome.

Hi XQZmoi. Did you have the Fraxel Re:Store procedure? I've had many sessions of the Re:Store and in July I had a Fraxel Re:Pair. I haven't seen the level of improvement to my acne scars that I have hoped. Some of the Re:Store sessions I had were painful but the medications taken before the procedure definitely helped! ;) Did you receive any medications? If you're planning on additional sessions, you could request a nerve block (like they do at the dentist) to help with the pain. How is your recovery going?
Hi Jabberwocky - I had the Fraxel dual done ~10 days ago. My scars are still there, but it's a lot better. You should check out my fraxel daily update post. So far, I'm very happy with the procedure and am glad I endured the pain. :) Here’s the link: http://www.realself.com/review/boston-ma-fraxel-laser-fraxel-dual-12-more
Thanks for the link. I'll reply to you through your Fraxel post. :)