My First Fraxel - Boston, MA

It took me a long time to build up the courage to...

It took me a long time to build up the courage to get Fraxel done. About the procedure itself: well, In my opinion, if you can't tolerate pain, don't do Fraxel. My fraxel treatment hurts like hell. I hated it, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts! I was being a big wuss, but Dr. Ishoo and Neomi were so patience with me. Noemi kept checking on me every time I twitch, and she even held my hands when I get tense. Dr. Ishoo also stopped several times during the procedure to give me breaks (THANK GOD!).

Hi XQZmoi. Did you have the Fraxel Re:Store procedure? I've had many sessions of the Re:Store and in July I had a Fraxel Re:Pair. I haven't seen the level of improvement to my acne scars that I have hoped. Some of the Re:Store sessions I had were painful but the medications taken before the procedure definitely helped! ;) Did you receive any medications? If you're planning on additional sessions, you could request a nerve block (like they do at the dentist) to help with the pain. How is your recovery going?
Hi Jabberwocky - I had the Fraxel dual done ~10 days ago. My scars are still there, but it's a lot better. You should check out my fraxel daily update post. So far, I'm very happy with the procedure and am glad I endured the pain. :) Here’s the link: http://www.realself.com/review/boston-ma-fraxel-laser-fraxel-dual-12-more
Thanks for the link. I'll reply to you through your Fraxel post. :)
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are already splurging on beauty and perfection, how could one settles for any surgeon less than the best? I am a very skeptical person, so I did a lot of research before I finally become a patient of Dr. Ishoo. I went to 4 clinics (2 surgeons, 1 dr and 1 spa place). Dr. Ishoo's treatment was the most expensive, but I still decided to go with him. I like Dr. Ishoo , because he doesn't give me any bullshits sales pitch or lofty promises. At my free consultation, he answered questions, gave me a very realistic expectation, informed me of all the risk and then walked away. None of his staff tried to sell me anything, and I really liked that. At other places, I definitely felt different sales pitch. Everyone at this clinic is beautiful, even their clients are gorgeous (hahahahha, myself included, of course! :P). At my first visit, there were 3 other ladies and a guy in the waiting area. They all looked natural. I was really looking forward to see at least 1 "real house-wife" at a plastic surgeon's office, but the clients I met looked normal - as if they had never had anything done. Seeing other patient's at his office was reassuring to me, because who wants to pay $, gets surgery done and looks plastic? CON: I don't think it is easy to become his patient. They have a pretty stringent screening process. At my first visit, I had to answered pages and pages of questions about EVERYTHING (psychological assessment, diet, family history, etc etc). Oh ya, and Dr. Ishoo actually turned me down on a more expensive treatment. He said I'm not a good candidate for Fraxel Re:Pair because of my skin type and my busy schedule. His rejection of my money makes me trust his authority in the field more. :P So obviously since I just got my Fraxel done, I can't tell you much about the outcome.