Cool Sculpting is Great! - Boston, MA

I had Cool Sculpting done on 09-15-2011, a 1 hour...

I had Cool Sculpting done on 09-15-2011, a 1 hour treatment which was pain free and no side effects. When the doctor initally placed the machine on my stomach I felt a pulling sensation but other than that the procedure did not hurt. The next day I went to the clothing store and tried on a size 12 pants. Prior to Cool Sculpting I fit into a solid size 14 as the size 12 could not fit. Cool sculpting is so worth it as it's no invasive, no surgeries, or cutting and for me there was an immediate change in my body. I'm very happy!

Hi Sharon, Beginning 1 week after the Cool Sculpting procedure I've been enduring a sharp, piercing like pain in my abdomen and my stomach is num again. I did not know about this side effect prior to undergoing the procedure. I contacted the specialist who performed the procedure and she advised me that this is one of the side effect and should go away soon. Also I wanted to know when the fat dies and leave my body how does it leave my body. Is it through a bowel movement?

That's a good question! I had to look it up but apparently the fat cells die and are removed via the immune system. They're then either burned as energy or excreted naturally. Not to get too graphic, but you won't see a big lump of fat come out; rather, it's a gradual process and will look like normal waste.

The pain you're experiencing, unfortunately, does sound normal. You're one of the "lucky" 10% that get soreness as a side effect. It's good that you let your doctor know, just so she's aware that you're having side effects.

Thanks again Sharon I will give another update and time goes on and I experiencene new changes. Hopefully a flat stomach.
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

The physician was Excellent, she had a resident working with her but both were very professional and proficient / well versed with the procedure. From my understanding this Dr has performed over 100 of the Cool Sculpting.