Very Unhappy with Half Sleeve Tattoo - Bondi, AU

Well it all started with me wanting to get a half...

Well it all started with me wanting to get a half sleeve done after seeing my brothers recently done 3/4 sleeve . I rushed into deciding that I also wanted a tattoo stupid decision . Anyway I went to see the same guy that did his as I liked my brothers I should also point out that his was only half complete . So I got him do a design which I liked and had the out lines done . When he was doing the outlines he changed a few of the shading outlines without asking me & I wasn't very happy . He told me not to worry it will look great so I trusted him . I was still a bit unsure but went ahead with the next session which was putting color in the tattoo & some shading we had long disscusion about which colors to put in it & went ahead . this time he also put colors that we hadn't talked about thru the tattoo . I was very unhappy about this & he told me that he thought I would like it . how wrong he was ! So now I am left with a tattoo that I really don't like & have been really depressed & have been also having panic attacks that i have never had before . which has not only affected me but my wife & child . I feel so stupid for wanting to get this tattoo in first place ?? I haven't even been able to take my shirt off at the beach because I feel so embarrassed . So I have decided to have it removed with laser even though some of the colors in it may not respond well ( yellow, orange) but worst case scenario I am hoping to have a cover up done by a more reputable artist . I have had my first laser session done 2 weeks ago with a revlite laser & some of the black shading is starting to fade so I am felling optimistic but I know it is a long road ahead & have to just focus on the positive things in my life ! I will put some pictures up in my next post .

Laserase

Internet

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out with your removal? Do you have any photos to share with the community?
Hi Andy, I really connected to your story, I feel for you. I am happy that you made the steps forward and have started the removal process. I am going through a very similar situation, and I have a huge mess on my back, I have completed 6 sessions, I also have color in my tattoo, I go for my 7th session on May 11th. Keep positive, and know you are not alone in this, lots of people have done this and are walking alongside you down the same road, hang in there! Keep us posted ok :) Blackberry11
Hi blackberry, thanks for the words of encouragement ! It's nice to hear from people going through the same situation as a lot of people around me don't understand & say it's just a tattoo & just live with it . My wife has been great which i will never forget .I guess it is just a tattoo but one I really don't like . So I feel as though I should do something about it . The timing couldn't be worse as I have found out recently my wife is pregnant with our second child :) so finacacialy this isn't ideal but I am determined to make this work. I just want my self esteem back as I am normally a very confident guy . Over the last week I have been feeling nervous as we are about to go on holidays & I love the water but since this dam tattoo I feel uncomfortable with my shirt off swimming & surfing but I am hoping that the more I do it the better it will get . How much fading have you had after 6 sessions ? Is it working well for you ? Thanks again for your support .

Hey Andy I'm going threw the same thing I have a tribule tattoo covering my whole chest an I'm not a big fan of tribule tattoos I was just rushing to get a tattoo before I went on spring break an got the wrong one I've been depressed an now looking to get it removed an getting another tattoo their that I really want. I just feel so stupid for spending money an goin threw all that pain for a tattoo I didn't wen want I'm such a idiot.

Congrats on moving forward with your removal since you have decided the tattoo isn't for you. You are right, it can be a long road, but we are all here to support you while you go down it. Keep updating us on how things are going.