Finally Liposuction on Calves and Ankles - Boise, ID

I have now successfully gone from heavy, chubby...

I have now successfully gone from heavy, chubby ankles and calves to average/slim ones. I have wanted to do this for at least 8 years, since having cankles have made me way too self-conscious about my looks. I was always embarrassed about showing my legs, which you cannot avoid during the summer period. You are pretty far out, if you hate an entire (otherwise lovely) season just because of some misplaced body fat, which I literally did. I have always been told by my mom to love my self just the way I am, and TRUST me; I have really tried to accept my cankles and be self-confident about showing my legs. But I just could not stop feeling embarrassed about them, avoiding a lot of clothes and specific positions. Therefore, even though the healing is tough (!!), I am now absolutely thrilled to be rid of them!!

Overall I would say, girls, if you are in doubt about having this procedure done, really try to work on your mind before doing this. We can always find minor flaws about ourselves, and cosmetic procedures can easily become a slippery slope towards obsession with unrealistic perfection. With that said, if you are 100% sure that you cannot accept your cankles, I am so glad to tell you that you can now actually have them removed!! :D

Dr. Brian Kerr

I am from Denmark and there I have found no doctors who had experience with lipo on the lower legs. I could not find a good doctor to do this in other European countries either, except for the UK, but he was both rude and impatient with me and the cost of the procedure alone was the same as all my expenses in the US. I googled before and after pictures of liposuction on the lower legs and found amazing pictures done at Silk Touch MD Spa, Idaho, and would be glad just to get half of that result. So I wrote to their patient coordinator Donna, who answered all my many questions and arranged for me to come there, booking the hotel, ordering my meds and stockings and was really cool about the payment process. I took the big step and went on the long trip from Denmark to the states, and Dr. Kerr, his wife Susie and their sweet family have just been absolutely wonderful to me!! They were so caring, including and loving that I felt like I was being taken care of by my own family! This was absolutely vital for me, as I initially felt confused, alone and scared. If you want this procedure done and you are up for the trip, go to Dr. Kerr. He has made my lower legs look slim, even and beautifully shaped and the care was more than first class.

Iam two days post vaser lipo of total lower body , i have almost done every type of plastic surgery but i have never felt that much pain before especially in my calves ! Swelling is too bad and iam walking on my toes cant walk normally , raising my legs all the time and i can feel fluid moving down ...surgeon didnot promise me of immediate result but i was desperate to get rid of the huge calves and get fit into boots ...i have to interview for job soon when shall i walk normally , i can barely sit ( i did my inner and outer thighs as well ) :'(
Post-opt week 3 I just wanted to give you an update on my post-opt week 3. I am healing up very nicely, with all my bruising gone as of yesterday. I could walk perfectly after two weeks, and was recommended to walk for 2-3 x 20 min. walks each day, to get my blood-circulation going and by this improve my healing. This apparently is very important. Even the day after surgery you should take 2 x 20 min. of slow walking to avoid blood cloths and to get oxygen to your wounds. I have also read a lot about how to best handle my incisions, and will really advise you to do a combination of three different things. To begin with, use steristrips to cover your incisions for the first 2-3 days. These will make drainage possible. After that use butterfly strips to close up the incisions, AND on top of these use hydrocolloid strips, so that the wound is kept moist. This is the perfect combination. If your wounds still get some air and form a crust under the bandage, pull this off in the shower and put new bandages on. If not, the crust will form an indentation into the leg, when your garments push down on the wound. Okay so this all seems a bit difficult, but if you are just consistent with keeping the wound moist, it can be healed up in as short as 12-18 days, where it can take up to 30 days to heal dry wounds and the scarring should also be less this way. I’m still struggling with my wounds, as I have not had this advice and had to go the trial and error way. My calves are still numb on the backside and I have a weird tingling and stingy feeling in small doses all day long, as the nerves are reconnecting. I still wear my garments religiously day and night, and this is important: its expensive, but do buy some heavy garments (30-40 mm Hg) to support you doing the day, and use the light garments (18-20) during the night, as this will make your swelling go away much faster. And don't follow a recipe on how long you should wear these; just wear them as long as you are still swollen, even if this takes up to four month. You can wear them under jeans and if you buy black ones they just look like normal socks. Okay enough advise from me. Hope you can use it and do ask if you are in doubt about anything I have talked about. It is always helpful to be well informed before doing something like this. I will post the final after-pics soon. Cheers ☺
Hi Danish Lady, I´m also scandinavian and is saving up to have this done. Is there ay way to be able to email you more questions. I would truly appreciate it. Its always extra nervous to have operations abroad. Best, Anna
Hi again Clawrence! The amazing thing is that he could also take away fat from the shins! He only left out an inch wide area along my shins where there was no fat. I could go back to work 8 days post-opt, but had to have my legs elevated for a week more during working hours. Two weeks post-opt you should be pretty much back to normal pain-wise and with walking. Dr. Kerr had both equipment for smart-lipo, vaser-lipo and liquid, and he advised me to take the liquid as this should be better in this area - and he knows what he's talking about, as he has done all three types on the lower legs. Regarding compression garments, I will definitely recommend you to buy the one that has 30-40 mm Hg, which is class 2 garments. My surgeon advised me to buy class 1 garments (18-20 mm), but I went to a bandagist who advised me differently and this has really helped me, it takes a lot of the swelling. So time-wise I will wear the heavy garments for a week 24/7, and then wear them during the day for three more weeks with lighter garments during the night on week two. Thats what I find to be the best way to do it. There are higher risks as this area is more influenced by gravity and there are a lot of veins and stuff around the ankles. Go to a experienced surgeon, and make sure he is!! I am sorry, but I dont have the final 'after' pic yet, as i am only on week 2.. I will post them as sune as I have! Hope your consultation went well!
Hi clawrence! It was 5500 for calves and ankles, not knees. As you can see on my pic, my cankles were definitely fat, not fluid. It was sort of hard but pinchable fat on my ankles and more soft and wobbly on my calves, and he was able to remove both types by liquid/tumescent lipo. I am happy for you that you are getting this done, but I would definitely recommend you to get it done very soon or wait until fall, as the healing is quite long-term and it will not be nice to have to wear compression garments under long trousers during late spring/summer, as it will be too hot. Ask all you want, I am glad to help :)
Hi! Thank you for your response. Ok yes I am only a size 8-10 but my ankles calves are so much bigger and hold fat fluid and cellulite under the skin which is horrible to have!!! And as u said the ankles are fat and the calves are bigger and soft wobbly. I actually have a lot of fat under the skin on the shins. Did they operate on the shins for u or just calves? And how long until you could go back to work as I work 6 days a week for my own business by myself so its very hard to have a lot of time off.. Did the surgeon give you any other options or straight for the liquid lipo??? How long will u need to wear the compression garmets for? Is there a higher risk operating on the lower leg than other parts of the body? Also could you email me the photos u have as I can't seem to see them. Clawrence36@gmail.com I am very nervous for my consult on Friday. Thank you!
Hi, was it $5500 all together for calves/ankles. was knee included? Did they say it was fluid/cellulite? Did you do liquid lipo or? I am getting a consultation next week on this procedure. I can't find many reviews on the lower body so didn't know if it could be done or not. I have same story as you - will not wear bikini/shorts/skirts. I need to do this procedure. Can you give me more information in your experience? Thank you