TT Tomorrow! - Bogota, Colombia

I am a 45-yr old mother of 2. I spent years in...

I am a 45-yr old mother of 2. I spent years in sports (triathalons, etc) and in my late 30's became ill with malaria while living in Nigeria. The timing for me was terrible. We moved back to the US, I went through a divorce (stress), turned 40, remarried, moved to another country, and then moved again to South America! ALL in 5 years.

During this time I have had to lose weight for the first time in my life. I would lose 25 pounds only to put it back on over the next few months. I had decided last year that I will work like crazy at the gym for one year. Then if I had not made my goal by the time I turned 45, whatever is left I will have removed with a tummy tuck and lip. I'm partyly scared and partly excited.

Tomorrow morning at 7:00 I am having the tummy tuck procedure, then I go back 10 days later for the lipo on my back. The doctor I am going to is amazing and comes very highly recommended not only here but internationally as well. I spoke to 5 different women (none of whom know each other) and each of them used this doctor! So I am confident. Good-bye TUMMY! :)

Freddy Sanabria

Hi Gringa,

Welcome to RealSelf and congratulations on taking this step to improve your body.  You deserve it after all you have been through...WOW!

I will be thinking about you tomorrow and anxiously waiting to hear how you are doing.  Keep us up to date!
Trust everything will go well. Please make sure you take your pain meds on time. You will feel great in a few weeks.
good luck tomorrow.

Wow. You have been through so much! Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with your surgery tomorrow. You've certainly earned your tummy transformation. :)