Getting Back to the Old Me -Prague, CZ

I attend the gym every morning before work in the...

I attend the gym every morning before work in the hope of regaining the figure I used to have. Too many comments regarding my weight gain are getting me down. Time for drastic action.
My initial consultation was conducted via email. They have suggested thighs (inner and outer), love handles and abdomen.
im really nervous and I look at this site every day.

So I finally had my operation yesterday afternoon...

So I finally had my operation yesterday afternoon in the Iscare clinic inPrague.
My care could not have been better.
I had a car collect me from the airport and take me to my hotel, and then he also brought me to the clinic at 07.15.

I was greeted by the receptionist who asked to see my identification and to sign the necessary forms.

Bloods were taken and there would be a two hour wait for the results. In the meantime I had an ecg and a consultation with the nurse re medical history and what the procedure would entail. I then met with my surgeon Dr Satankova, who was absolutely delightful and extremely knowledgeable. She marked the areas for removal (my flanks, lower abdomen, inner and outer thighs and inner knees) and explained post op care etc.

I was shown to my room and placed on a drip. I met with the anaesthesiologist who examined me and asked some pre-op questions.

A couple of hours later I was wheeled into the operating theatre and the last thing i remember was being told that I would sleep now.

I woke up in the recovery room with minor pain, and was administered pain meds via IV.

I'm wearing the compression garment with a slit to go to the loo, its a weird sensation. i havent had a sneak peek yet as I dont want to ruin anything, but a couple of nurses came in to take post op pics and they had to remove it which was rather uncomfortable. They did say that I look really tiny though which is a bonus. I guess I'll attempt to remove and take some pics to upload when I'm finally discharged to my hotel. I have to stay until Mon.

So right now I feel great. Updates to come.
Dr Vere Satankova

Google search

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Are you looking at just this doctor, or have you contacted several for consulations? It's completely normal to be nervous before a procedure like this, you just have to make sure that you fully research your doctor and you have a good support network.

Please do keep us updated with your progress!