Recent Miradry Procedure - Boca Raton, FL

I'm a 23 year old male who has struggled with...

I'm a 23 year old male who has struggled with underarm sweat since I was 16. I have tried everything short of invasive surgery and nothing seemed to work (Botox worked well but it only lasted around 4 months for me and at $1000+ it didn't seem worth it). I had my Miradry procedure performed on 4/20.

A little about the procedure... First they make you read and sign all these consent forms that could scare you, but if you've done your research as I had, it's nothing new. The tech was smoking hot which helped, and she informed me that she had Miradry performed and loved it. The shots suck.... It's not the pain of the needle, but the length of the needle that seem to hit nerves that is uncomforting. After you're numbed up the handheld device is placed on all 37 (for me) places in the underarm which is a breeze and feels like nothing. Simply put, if you can tough it out through the shots you're home free.

Anyway, I experienced mild bruising and soreness, but it's nothing a few painkillers and cocktails can't take care of. As far as the sweating goes, im less than a week in and have not sweated at all. It's an awesome feeling to be pretty sure that my shirt is soaked- only to find that it is dry as can be and I am cured of this sickness (hopefully for good!!) I will post an update after 2 weeks

Had the second Miradry procedure a bit ago. Went...

Had the second Miradry procedure a bit ago. Went pretty smoothly but I felt some discomfort in my right underarm. It has been a couple days and my right index finger and thumb are still numb. I'm hoping this passes as it feels like my thumb and index finger are asleep....
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

I can definitely understand why you would be concerned about the numbness that is lasting. It seems that might be a thing with Miradry, as another user mentioned it in their review as well.

Here is a Q&A that might help set your mind at ease:

How Do You Know if a Nerve Was Hit During the Miradry Procedure?

It's life changing depending on how much it bothers you. I was to the point were I was becoming anti-social because of this and now can enjoy myself without having to plan an escape due to the sweating. I'm about 6 weeks in and don't sweat unless I'm doing a heavy workout. If you're thinking about it and can afford it, go for it
Chip....how are things going? Have you had the 2nd treatment? I've been dealing with a severe case for years and want to get this done soon. Thanks!

Glad you were able to push through the numbing shots - those are never fun. From what I have read, sometimes it takes more than 1 treatment. Are you suppose to have more done, or is just the one expected to take care of it for you?

I am scheduled for the second procedure sometime in July. I paid $3000 upfront so I'm definitely going back for the second even though the results so far are excellent

Ah, well please keep us updated on if you start to see the results fade as you get closer to your second treatment - will be very interested to hear!