Miradry Affected my Nerves, Muscle Tone, and Lost Effectiveness over Time - Boca Raton, FL

I had the first procedure in March 2012; there was...

I had the first procedure in March 2012; there was no sweating for about 8 weeks, but a nerve had been hit during the numbing process and my right outer arm and two fingers were tingly and numb. To avoid more nerve damage, I did the second procedure without anesthesia in June. Though painful, the left arm went without incident, but the previously damaged right arm, felt as if the nerve was being affected more, so the procedure was not completed on that side. I still have some numbness, and I have noticed some muscle wasting on that side (I believe there is some on both, but the right side is worse). Oddly, I seem to have equal sweating again on both sides. I believe that it is somewhat less than before--perhaps 40% improvement. But for the price and the cost in nerve damage, I would not have done it had I known the result.

This was the nearest location with the procedure at the time. I liked Megan, she had a great bedside manner, it is the procedure itself that is suspect.

What a complete bummer. :( So sorry to hear that things went that way for you.  What have the doctors said about the nerve damage? Is there anything that can be done to help with it?

Thank you for your comment. I believe the doctors are as surprised as I was about the nerve affects, though apparently there have been a few other cases like mine. I have noticed some improvement since the last procedure nearly 6 months ago, so I believe the nerve issues will resolve over time. I work out with weights and resistance and know that it is helping me get back to normal.

Good! I'm glad to hear you are seeing improvement. Please continue to let us know how things are changing.

Hello, What is the status today? My treatment was 1 week ago and I also have the feeling that the nerves were damaged.
Sorry, I do not check this site too often. I still have a touch of nerve damage on the right arm--mostly felt in the ring and pinky finger--it is almost intermittent now, and I feel like my strength is virtually back to normal. Unfortunately I still sweat on occasion, but it might be a little less than before. Be careful going forward, do not get another treatment if you are feeling any kind of numbness or tingling!