So I've wanted this for years. I have always been...

So I've wanted this for years. I have always been so self conscious of my nose. I finally took care of this problem a couple days ago (June 4th) when I had the procedure done! I'm now on day 3 of recovery. It's looking good so far! They shaved down my bump, narrowed the bridge a bit, and brought up my drooping tip. I get the cast off in 6 days so I can't wait to see my new nose! I was lucky enough to have already gotten a sneak peek. My surgeon took a photo of my new nose while I was still asleep before putting the cast on. Ill post some before and after photos (and some in between!)

My sister and I have just had rhinoplasty, I'm 2 and a half weeks post op and my sister is 5 weeks! We have both had worries that our noses are looking bigger and my sister has been convinced hers is growing back!! Your pictures are so reassuring that the swelling changes so much over the weeks and months!! Thanks for the great post!

That was so smart of you to ask your surgeon to take a pic while you were still out. It looks fantastic. Looking forward to the big reveal!

Looking good, can't wait to see your updates =)

Day 5

Hey! amazing results - did your tip drop at 8 days?

Day 6

Cast comes off in a couple days! (This Wednesday) I'm so excited! All of the swelling has gone down for the most part. The only noticeable swelling (to me) that I have now is on the under part of my nose where the incisions were made and I have stitches. They seem to be irritated and have been pretty much the only part that's been bothering me this past week!

Looks beautiful so far!! So natural looking already. A nose I wish to have one day!
looks awesome so far!! So lucky that ur surgeon took a pic right after he was done surgery
wow, I love the picture right after the surgery, that is literally a perfect shaped nose.... You look very happy in your last 2 pictures. Congrats.... I'm someone that's a straight shooter and won't leave "fake" comments. But u looked cute before the surgery, but man...people don't realize how the shape of the nose can make a huge huge difference how better and a lot more attractive someone can look like. You went from an average cutie, too a hottie :) now u have a very nice balanced face! Just remember, your nose will be super sensetive for few months, so don't let anyone accidently touch it or grab it. Congrats!!!!

Some more before photos

You were really pretty from the start. Refining your nose will draw more attention to your eyes and pull your whole face in together better. :) I hope your cast-off went well today! Remember that it will most likely be very swollen and unsettled still!
Your so lucky to have a table picture, my surgeon refused :/ Your nose looks so cute
Wow, your nose looks great in your table picture! Happy healing!! :)

Cast is off!!!!

So I got my cast off today yay finally! It's been a Long 8 days. Haha. I expected getting the stitches out to hurt alot as I've read in other reviews, especially because mine have been pretty irritated and sensitive lately. I was expecting him to like yank them out of my skin, but he just snipped them off as close to the surface of my skin as possible. Hardly even stung! He cleaned my nose out with some gross decongestant cleaning stuff that dripped down my throat while he had me lean my head back. Really delightful, I know. He took the cast off which hurt a bit because it was putting pressure on the bridge of my nose which is obviously pretty sore after shaving the bone down! He was so excited when he saw the results. He brought me a mirror and it looked exactly how I had hoped! Except for a couple places of minor swelling which didnt even upset me because they're very noticeably swelled areas and I know they'll go down with time. For instance, I have a small bump on my bridge. Didnt worry me too much thanks to the photo he took right after surgery where I had a perfect slight slope and no bump whatsoever. There was also the illusion of a bit of a drooping tip still, which I know is because of the irritated stitches underneath my tip which I've posted about the past few days. From the front, there is a good amount of swelling on the sides of my bridge which doesn't change my front view very much from how it looked before, but even with the swelling I have now I am still so happy with the results! And I know ill only get happier as time goes on :) I haven't gotten any fantastic pics yet and keep in mind the swelling, but here's what I have so far!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Woops.. Hit update too early. More photos from after cast removal!

Looks soooo good!!!! Your side profile shots are just so great!
OMG looks amazingggg!!
Everyone give me your honest feedback please!!!

Some before with after (cast removal day) photos

Thought I'd make side by side pics of before and after photos! I'm only on day 8 so can't wait to add "after" photos as the healing progresses!

Omg you're so pretty! Your nose looks amazing :)
did you have nostril reduction + tip rotation or just tip rotation? x
OMG - you are looking incredible, keep posting!

2 and a half week update!

So I think for some reason (not sure if its normal or not) my nose has just reached the peak of its swelling and hopefully now it'll gradually start to go down. The small bump on the bridge is beginning to swell down but I've noticed more swelling in the tip. It is starting to hurt less, though. It's easier to wash my face without wincing! Nostrils are still really really swollen but Atleast I can breathe okay. I keep managing to somehow bump myself in the face which definitely hurts a bit so I should probably stop doing that. I'm so impatient with this whole process I just want to see what's its supposed to look like already! I decided to put a 2 and a Half week photo update side-by-side next to that first picture my doctor took directly after surgery before the majority of the swelling showed up. It's easier to recognize what's swelling and what isn't with this pic! For instance I know that my tip is swollen which is why it's looking bigger and longer than id expect, and it also shows me that the small bump on my bridge is merely swelling and it'll go down to more of a slope.

It's still has character but it fits you much better. The focus is now in your eyes. Your results are natural yet drastic compared to how your nose was before. Though it fits you so well that if anyone met you now they wouldn't know you had your nose altered
I love that the doctor gave you a surgery photo! And love that you shared it! Thank you!
looks so pretty!! fits your face amazingly

Almost 4 week update!

insane, you look amazing! It suits you perfectly, i am so happy for you you must be loving it! Do you feel different/more confident or anything like that yet? Keep updating girl!
Thanks so much! I do feel different already and much less self conscious. I catch myself often realizing that I don't need to try and hide my nose at certain angles or anything. It feels great to not worry about my nose in photos anymore!
Holy smokes! You look GORGEOUS! I love the side by side you did with the post op pic your doc took. Thanks for posting that. It really is beginning to look more and more like right after surgery. Congrats girl! It truly does look so perfect on you and you are so beautiful! LOVE your results! :) I'm jealous lol. My surgery is on TUESDAY! AHHHH! I hope to God my results are good too! That's my biggest fear...I just hope it comes out nice.

One month post op!!

So beautiful!wow!! Anyone who says the nose isn't the most important part of the face has never been to this website!!!
Oh my gosh!! your results are amazing you look so beautiful congrats!!

6 and a half weeks post op!

Starting to notice the decrease in swelling more and more. So happy with my new nose!

Your nose is beautiful!
that looks great! your surgeon is very skilled--i wouldnt ever even think you had something done, and I notice everything!! congrats!!
Looks great :D

2 months post op!

2 months post op and I'm feeling great! I had a follow up appointment with dr. Steiger a couple of weeks ago. He took photos of my nose to show the progress and put them next to the "before" photos he took at our first consultation. Seeing the before and after side by side made me even more excited! You get so used to how your nose looks that you don't even realize how much of an improvement it really is, even while its still swollen! My tip feels really really hard and I looked it up because I was worried that it would stay like that and feel fake forever. I found out that that's just from swelling in the cartilage! Which again is even more reassuring! To me, it seems like it's not even swollen anymore. But when I see signs like that that tell me it is still very swollen, I get even more excited to realize that it's only going to look better and better as time goes by, and I already love it!

Agree with u all! 1 of the best ever!
I agree with WP, it's one of the best results i've seen too, not only cos you have a perfect little nose now, but also cos you still look like you just even prettier! You look beautiful!
You look amazing! One of the BEST rhinoplasty results I've ever seen! And thank you for inspiring me to get my surgeon to take a pic on the operating table just before he put the cast on my nose!

2 and a half month progress update

Im finding it hard to believe your nose wasn't broken. You had a quite big hump, shaving it down was oK? I had a smaller hump than you did, and all doctors i saw said its impossible to just shave it
Nope didn't break anything. Just shaved it.
Hey there! I'm 3 days post op and I'm freaking out a little bit about how upturned my tip is. My nose is (was) similar to your before picture, especially how it comes down in between the nostrils. So my question is, did your tip really "drop" that much? I'm worried my nose is too upturned and my rhinoplasty will be obvious. Did people notice your change?

5 and a half month update!

It's healing so well and I'm loving it! I know it's still swollen and still changing because my tip is still very hard which is what happens when the cartilage is swollen. But besides that it feels like a perfectly good nose! I'm so happy

I, too, had a great experience with Dr. Steiger. Your nose looks awesome and totally brought out your natural beauty. I am quite a bit older albeit Dr Steiger has frozen Father Time for me. Good luck in your life and stay beautiful!
Did you get iv sedation or general anesthesia?
How late into recovery did you really start to love your new nose?! I get my rhinoplasty done by him two months before college and I'm really hoping I love it by then!
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon