deformed rhinoplasty - Boca Raton, FL

This Dr. gave me bad Rhinoplasty in December. I...

This Dr. gave me bad Rhinoplasty in December.
I came to FL from LA. When I woke up from surgery, I was deformed. I was reassured that it was just swelling. A couple days later I sent a picture to the nurse and asked her if this was correct. She informed me that the doctor (who left the country) said he needed me to stay in the state until he returned. When he returned, he brought me to his office for a 2nd pre-op. He turned on a tape recorder and he and his nurse told me that they had decided that I must be a drug user, to wake up this way. I am NOT a drug user. He brought me into a second surgery. He never apologized. When I woke up from the second surgery My nose was still deformed. I returned to Cali and I got an infection. He said after seeing pics that I needed to go to the ER right away that I had an infection. I asked him who would pay for this? He responded "I gave you your 2nd surgery for free." It has now been over 8 months My nose is still deformed.
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Wow, that's some disgusting behaviour on his part! Unfortunately this is pretty typical of a bad surgery. From what i've read, a heck of a lot of surgeons retaliate to an unsatisfied (sugarcoating it, i apologize) patient -purely because they can. It's an unfortunate truth that it's incredibly hard to take a surgeon to court, including when a lady i spoke to here recently was literally disfigured by a surgeon -to the point where she has limited movement and she has been left to just deal with it. I am so sorry this has happened to you, are you thinking of getting a revision? I am not sure of the US insurance policy, but if your breathing is affected you may have that sorted for free. If you're thinking of revision, please only let a rhino specialist perform your surgery. Good luck and please try to stay positive.
We are always told by other ps to choose a board certified doctor. Well, this dr is board certified and look what he did to this person! What is frustrating is thst he is still practicing and tomorrow there will be other victims out there.
Oh well, I wonder if the 47 good reviews are all paid reviews. Awful. I feel sorry for you and hope your nose will be sorted soon.
Well I would hope that not all of his surgeries are a complete horrific disaster and cause infection and deformation .... Or I would suppose he wouldn't have a practice in the first place. But the fact that he does Make huge mistakes like this and is unapologetic and tries to blame the patient for his mistakes should say alot. Right?

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf. I hope you're able to find support from the rhinoplasty community here.

I am really sorry to hear this. You shouldnt have let this dr. Operate onu the second time. Have you consulted other doctors?
I either would have to stay completely deformed for a year until another Doctor would do a revision, or take a chance On a second surgery with the same doctor while I was still on Florida. He definitely made it a little but better. He put some of my cartilage back into my nose and made Some other changes , but NOONE Should ever Have to go through this and my nose is still very lopsided.
I am so sorry to read this. Have you gotten a second opinion?