63 Yo Female: Myxoid Cyst Index Finger; Synovial Fluid Leaking from Joint Forming Small Protruding Red Sac. - Bluffton, SC

This was 2nd finger Dr Greco repaired for me. The...

This was 2nd finger Dr Greco repaired for me. The cysts look inflamed & unsightly because they protrude from top surface of hand, but no infection or pain. One can drain fluid frequently; but this could invite infection. Instead Dr Greco removed sac (myxoid cyst) to prevent leaking of joint fluid. 1st surgery was top joint of tall finger. It was removed in 2007, local anesthesia. Perfect recovery. I work in healthcare using my hands daily (PT) & think the cysts are unsightly for my patients. The 2nd cyst (2013) was on index finger, larger, involved bone & where the tendon of finger attaches to the joint to extend finger. Dr Greco was professional, thoughtful, obviously caring & treated my small problem with the utmost respect. He recognized the 2nd myxoid cyst more involved with bone and joint & would require protecting tendon while closing "leak". It required gen anesthesia b/c of bone involvement. The recovery time was minimal, no pain of any consequence, & healed well. Dr Greco is extremely versatile & talented. Finger is great 1 yr later: no problems whatsoever. His Bluffton staff are the most helpful, thoughtful & accommodating of ANY in my life, bar NONE. Even tho' he is in Bluffton only 1/2 day per week, the staff welcome my calls & fit me in. Dr Greco NEVER seems to be flustered or rushing despite many patients. Without doubt, I would recommend him for ANY of the multitude of procedures that are listed. I may see him again for some non-vital treatment. I would trust him & his staff: can't recommend this extremely talented & kind surgeon any higher: he is simply the TOPS!!
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely the tops, and I have had five more major surgeries in the past. See report about Dr Greco in the review above.

Thank you for sharing your experience of this procedure.
You're welcome! Good luck if you decide to undergo any kind of repair or correction.