Fast Braces Fixed My Bottom Teeth Fast and Good. Should Have Kept Them On Longer Thought for Top.

I am a 35 year old woman who had braces in high...

I am a 35 year old woman who had braces in high school then Invisalign as an adult to fix the teeth that moved back after not wearing a retainer for many years. I wore Invisalign for 2 years and 2 months. I "completed" my treatment in January but my two problem teeth are still in similar placements from when I started. See photo of before Invisalign and after. I don't see a big difference. However, Invisalign did straighten my bottom teeth for the most part, except for one canine tooth. (You can look at my Invisalign Review for more information.)  In any event, my doctor recommended either another set of Invisalign trays which may have taken another 7 months or Fast Braces at no additional cost. Of course, I chose Fast Braces as mentally I was done with the Invisalign Trays. I was only supposed to have them on for about 6 months and had to wear them for 2 years. I was done! So I am patiently waiting for my appointment to get metal braces. I have 5 days to go. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I'm excited as I get one step closer to my ideal teeth but I'm nervous as I'm going to have metal braces at age 35. It wouldn't be a big deal if I had a job where I was only on the phone, but I have to see people every single day in person. I hope this doesn't change they way they see me. I already look younger than 35 and braces will make me look even younger (not that I'm complaining about that)! I'm just worried they won't take me seriously. Luckily, Fast Braces is only supposed to take 3-6 months. I'm hoping for the shortest amount possible since I only really am trying to fix two teeth. Unfortunately, they have to move all teeth to move those two! Let's see how this goes. Wish me luck. I'll keep you posted.

I'm just realizing that my problem tooth is the same as yours.  I had less of a problem, so my results are more complete, but I guess that's a tough tooth to move.  The upper, I mean.  Are you getting the fast braces on Wednesday?  We've already had conversations everywhere else, I didn't even realize I'd not commented on your review.  But since I want to follow you, I have to comment here as well ;).  TTYL!
I'm actually getting Fast Braces on Monday. Thanks for following me! :)
Erg…sorry I got confused reading the dates.  It said 4 days pre, but of course that was on the 29th *facepalm*.  But that's way better.  Take pictures!!  Do they look just like regular braces?

Ready - Get Set - GO FAST BRACES GO!

I got my fast braces on yesterday after work. It took 2.5 hours total. It wasn't very painful until the dental assistant burned the top of my lip with the curer (the thing that heats up the bonding to attach the button to the tooth). It created a blister. Unfortunately, the doctor had to move my lip to get to the teeth to put on the top buttons. It hurt! Accidents happen but the thing that bothers me the most is that she didn't even apologize or acknowledge that she did it. See photo. To be continued.....

Um yeah, that would bother me, too.  People are so focused on covering their butts nowadays :(.  Hopefully it'll heal quickly and you can just go through the regular discomfort of the braces.  Do the attachments rub against the blister?  Man, maybe I shouldn't even ask….
It has healed some already. I barely notice it. I think it must have "popped" as all I feel now is the extra skin. Now I'm just having discomfort from the braces in general especially when I have the bands on. No, the bands don't rub the blister.

Ready - Get Set - GO FAST BRACES GO - continued

I was a little nervous to get the buttons on as I hadn't brushed my teeth before getting to the dentist (and I had lunch already). However, they "cleaned" the teeth off with water before putting each button on. It still kind of bothers me that I didn't get to brush, and I'm hoping that I won't get a cavity under a button. The doctor said not to worry so much.

Dr. Nguyen worked on the top arch first placing a button on each tooth (except one that he said didn't require a button according to the Fast Braces treatment recommendation). After the top was done, we took a 5 minute break. I took a photo of my top teeth with buttons (see last posting) and checked out the blister. At this point I only felt the pain and hadn't seen what it looked like. I put Vaseline on it but not sure if it helped. When they came back to the room, we started my bottom buttons. They put a different mouth guard on around my lips so that I didn't get burned again and so that they could get to my teeth easier. Placing the buttons was not hurtful at all but just took a lot of time. Maybe 40-60 minutes. Each button had to placed on each tooth in a certain spot. Each tooth surface had to get bonding on it and then the button had to be heated/bonded to the tooth. After both top and bottom was done, the doctor then fitted the top arch with the metal band. Not sure the right word for it. He marked the ends that past the teeth and then cut them off. He then placed clear bands around each button to hold the metal onto the tooth. I could have chosen a different color but I wanted clear to be "professional" for my job. The same was done for the bottom once the top was done. After all rubber bands were placed around the buttons, they then showed me how to put rubber bands on the brackets to help with my bite. This is my least favorite part. It's hard to get it around and takes time. This is also the most painful part of me having to wear my braces so far.

Today was the first full day with braces for me. I woke up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and my mouth was so sore! I took Asprin to help with the pain. Not sure if it worked because I went back to sleep. When I woke up, they still hurt. I took some more Asprin. For breakfast, I typically eat cereal but my mouth hurt so much that I only had a yogurt and banana. Healthier anyway! Around 10 am I usually eat a granola bar for a snack but that too was too hard to eat. I was able to eat it by breaking it into small pieces but it was annoying. Every time I eat I have to take my rubber bands off and after brush fully. So this is going to keep my snacking down. It's hard for me to talk with the bands on and I'm supposed to wear them 22 hours a day. I think it's them that causes most of my pain. Around 5 pm when I got home, I took the bands off and I have much less pain right now. I also took ibuprofen instead and that works well. I made Shepard's Pie for dinner in hopes I can eat it cause there is not much chewing needed with that. Hopefully the pain goes away some tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Small consolation when the rest of your mouth is in pain.  How does the pain/discomfort compare to Invisalign.  Can you remember?
Honestly, I thought Invisalign was a piece of cake. I just had a little discomfort the first or second day of each new set of trays but that was just a slight tightness of the teeth feeling. The actual trays barely if ever cut my mouth. I think maybe once or twice throughout the whole two years. I feel the braces are worse with pain. The wires are cutting up the inside of my checks. My lips are more dry (not sure why or if that's just due to the weather). I can't take my braces off to eat so have to brush even more due to snacking and food getting stuck. When I wear my rubber bands to keep my bite close, that is what's most painful! Ouch! :(
Ugh!  My husband went through Damon and he thought it was pretty easy except the hygiene, which was just a constant maintenance.  He was always flossing and flossing and flossing.  Floss threaders, brush picks, mini-brushes, water-pik.  And he still ended up with a couple of cavities.  Whenever people complain about all the attachments they have on their Invisalign making it just like braces, I always remind them about the whole being able to take them off to floss thing.  Such a huge deal.

I hope the soreness gets better.  I have two little tender spots in my mouth from the only places the metal on my retainers touch the insides of my lips.  I just cannot even imagine how uncomfortable it must be to have metal sticking out on every tooth.

Fast Braces Working FAST!

I have been wearing my fast braces for about two weeks. My problem top tooth already turned and is straighter than I have ever seen it! It's also not behind the main front tooth anymore. There is still a space now between the main front tooth and that tooth now but that should be closed after more time. The bottom tooth has not moved yet. :( These are working faster than expected. I am getting used to the bands now and am more confident wearing them in front of people. It's getting easier to put the rubber bands on and take them off. I think the most annoying thing now is that almost every time I eat something, food gets stuck in my teeth unless it's liquid. I have to brush more than 3 times a day. That's not a bad thing but just annoying when I'm working. Can't be seen with food in my braces so I have to do it. I'm very excited to see my teeth in another month. From what I can tell I don't have any other changes so I'm only posting the one photo of the tooth that has made the progress.

Here's the part where Invisalign was easier.  But if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't matter how easy they are to clean.  We have another user during braces post Invisalign right now.  Lw47777 is her profile.

One Month - Top Braces OFF - DONE

I had my one month follow up appointment yesterday. My top teeth are done. My problem tooth is as straight as it is gonna get. I'm pretty happy with it. I got my braces off my top and a retainer made. I have to wear it for about a month so the roots can become stable before I go without my retainer during the day. If I don't wear it, they may shift again. My bottom teeth still need to have the braces on as that canine has not moved during that motnh. However, it's been only 1 day since my visitand It has already shifted. They put a power chain on it to help move it. I chose silver bands this time instead of clear as the clear ones changed color too easily with what I ate or drank. I have a cleaning on the 17th and the dentist will check my progress of the bottom tooth. I think I may be done everything in less than 2 months total. I should have gone with regular braces instead of invisalign to begin with. I will post photos shortly. Just a note: moving my top tooth made a gap between the front and side. They will fill this in with composite.

Sweet!  Looking forward to the picture!

Photos one month post fast braces on top

See photos

Photos of Top Teeth 1 month Post Fast Braces without Retainer

These are photos of my top teeth after one month of fast braces. In these photos I am not wearing my retainer. You can see the small space left next to my front tooth. If they move my teeth over to fill that gap, it will leave a gap somewhere else. Therefore, we will fill it with resin composite and make that look like part of the tooth. That's to be done in a few weeks.

I also had invisalign(supposedly for 18 months) but after 20 months they wanted to redo it for another 20 months but I was fed up already! I did reg braces now but they want me to pull 2 top teeth (bicuspids) bec my top teeth became more buck from the invisalign whil straightening out my front teeth.anyone experience with that?pulling teeth at age 36?and then moving forward the front teeth with a tad?
Wow, beautiful, especially without the retainer.  Do the braces on the bottom keep you from being able to close your mouth properly? (I mean, do your top teeth touch the braces on the bottom teeth?)
Thank you. No my top teeth don't touch the bottom braces. The only thing that bothers me now is the roughness of my teeth. I don't know if its scratches from taking off the braces and trying to get that stuff off my teeth or left over stuff. I don't like the feeling.

Next Monday

So on the 17th I go in for my cleaning. I'm glad that I got the top braces off so they can clean every tooth without the metal brackets on them. The bottom still has that though but they said they can still clean my teeth with the brackets.

During this visit, my dentist will also check out my bottom teeth to see if it's time to remove the braces. I believe it is as that one problem tooth has finally moved. There is a space now like the top tooth but I'm okay with that. It can be fixed with bonding if need be.

I'm going to my dentist during my lunch break. I wish I had more time to get the bottom braces off, get my bottom retainer made and get my cleaning. However, I think I can only get the cleaning. We'll play it by ear and see what the dentist says. I'm really looking forward to getting the top space filled with bonding and it looking complete. I'm 90 percent happy. :) Anxiously waiting for Monday.

Hey, how did it go on the 17th?  Can I assume you couldn't get the bottom braces off, since you didn't update? :(
I actually wrote an update for the 17th and it did not go through. I then wrote it again and had problems. This was the same week as the 17th so I gave up. I'll retry now.
I'm sorry :(.  I remember a period where I had trouble with my updates back during my Mommy Makeover stuff.  I started writing my updates in a text editor first, then copied them over.  It was easier to fix typos and stuff too.  But it's annoying to do the extra step.  I don't do it anymore, but I have started selecting and copying the entire text of any comment or update I do before hitting the "post" button.  Then I can always paste it somewhere if the post doesn't go through.

My Appointment Results - March 17th

I went in for a cleaning on 3/17. My top braces were off by then but my bottom braces were still on. I was still able to have a cleaning done, but it just took longer due to the bottom braces. On the top, she cleaned as usual. On the bottom, she had to clean above and below the brackets as well as use a threaded to floss. Just took a little bit longer but she was a pro and did so quickly! My bottom teeth had a gap now between one of the bottom front and canines. To close that gap, I had two options. 1) I could get a power chain and have that close it. 2) I could close the gap with bonding like I'll be doing on the top. I chose to do the power chain as I rather do as much as I can "naturally." Plus, this is on the bottom and not as noticeable as the top. I'm doing the bonding on the top to close the gap and fix the chipped tooth. That was the best option as if I did the power chain on the top to close the gap, it would have made a weird triangle gap in between my two front teeth and I don't want that!

Today after work, I go in for a check up on my bottom teeth movement. I have a feeling that they may remove the braces. I feel that they are almost perfect. The one problem canine could use just a little more twist movement but not much. Wonder if they can fix that. I should be getting the bonding on my top teeth today! :) Photos to come.

I was able to do an update using FireFox instead of Internet Explorer. No lag today with FireFox! :)
Whew!  Thank goodness!  :D

Yesterday's Appointment - Bonding Done

I went in for my checkup on my bottom teeth yesterday. There is still a little space between the bottom canine and the other tooth so they are going to keep the Fast Braces on for another two weeks to try and close it. If it doesn't close by then, we'll just leave it as is as it's not noticeable.

We bonded the front, top, left tooth and the problem top tooth next to the right, top, front tooth. The color bonding they used matches my tooth exactly. You can't tell where the bonding was done. I can feel it though as it's a little gritty but that will get better with time. It made my side problem tooth a little wider and longer but not enough to make it look weird. It's different than the other side tooth but that's okay. Teeth aren't necessarily all the same size. They also bonded the corner and bottom of my top left tooth as it was curved up/had a chipped look. They evened it out. Does it look too long or about right? I keep thinking it's longer than the other front tooth because I'm so used to seeing it so short but maybe it's in my head. I'll post a photo soon so you can judge and tell me yourself.

I go back to the dentist in two weeks to have my bottom braces removed. Then I should be done my entire treatment other than getting a permanent retainer. What What! :)

We just got in another review for Fast Braces, but they're already done.  Looks like they're doing bonded retainers too.
Thanks! I checked it out! I appreciate you showing me that.
Did you try to upload a pic and it didn't work?

Photos of new teeth with bonding

Looking good on top. Please comment.

Wow!  Very nice :D!  The bonding is seamless!
Thank you!!! Can't even tell where it begins and ends. Friends had no idea what I had done.
:D

Before and After Bonding

My top teeth are done!

I love the two comparison pics!  That is just so subtle, the difference.  I love it!

Bottom Braces To Come Off on 4/9

I'm scheduled to go back in for a checkup on my bottom braces on 4/9, next Wednesday. The plan is to remove the fast braces if that little space closed up next to the canine. I'm not sure how much it can close if it hasn't done so by then. I will not use bonding for it as it's very minor. I noticed that my bottom teeth are much more yellow than the top. Since I don't have bonding on the bottom, I think I will whiten them using a gel my dentist gave me. One step at a time though. First it's get the braces off and scrape off the glue like the top. Hope they get all the glue off this time. I don't want to whiten and then have streaks or spots like I started to have on the top due to the glue still being on there.

Now that i have the bonding on the top, I feel the chip and the space look better but now I'm being more critical on the two teeth next to the top teeth. I feel like they aren't aligned right with the bonding. They look like they are pushed back some. I asked my dentist about the one problem tooth and he said that's the best they can rotate it. It won't go any further. So that one I have to deal with. Now the other side tooth to the left looks smaller and behind. Maybe it's just me or the shadow. I might just be nitpicking or being too harsh on myself. I'll post photos and see what you think.

Bothers me

See the two side teeth next to the two front teeth? They are slightly pushed back further than the front. Hope it doesn't give me that bugs bunny teeth look.

Too Hard On Myself

I guess I can't be too hard on my teeth. I looked back on a few photos from before invisalign and braces and during and after. The teeth I am referring to have moved and came a long way. They do look better. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist that I want the best. I have to settle on good enough. I made a photo of some before and during pics to compare to now. See new posting.

Comparison photos

Compare

I feel the same way you do.  I notice that my central incisors are a little in front of the lateral incisors as well, and feel like, why wasn't this fixed??  Even though I have to get all the way up to the mirror to see it.

I can see what you're referring to, and I don't think you're being too picky.  You're probably being too hard on yourself, but that's a different question, right?  The job isn't finished, and you have a right to say that.  It's just that, at some point, you have to decide whether you want to go through anymore, or whether you're fixating on something that's not worth fixating on.  I'm not saying you are or aren't (I know I am, in my case,) but I think you're right to consider it.

I am really surprised, though, that it's so difficult to move those two teeth!  They've tried everything now, right?
I think they tried all they could. Invisalign, braces, rubber bands, buttons, etc. now bonding. All that is left is veneer but I don't think that would fix the problem of them being pushed back. That just fixes the surface look. I have an appt on Wednesday but I think I may write an email today.

Not much change.

Took photos again today. I don't see much change from before I had braces. I done see a more positive change in the lateral incisor. Its not behind the front incisor anymore but still pushed behind. Grrrr. All that time and $.

I sent an email to the owner who is also the one who did my Invisalign. I attached photos and everything. We will see what he says.
So bizarre--definitely curious to hear what he says.  Thanks for keeping us posted :).
He said we will talk about it when I come in this Wednesday to get my fast braces on the bottom off. He wants a consult with me.

Bottom Braces Off but Bad News

I went in for my visit yesterday and got my bottom braces removed. Everything looks good and straight on the bottom. No changes are needed. However, the dentist was still not happy with the top after I pointed out what bothered me. So the bad news is that I'm back to invisalign again for who knows how long. They took impressions and are sending them away to see how many new trays I'll have to wear on the top to fix the two incisor teeth next to the two front teeth. They are pushed back and need to move forward. So I had 2 years and 2 months in invisalign. 1 month for top braces. 2 months for bottom braces. Now back to invisalign again. Good news is this is all included in my original fees. No extra money. Please visit my invisalign posting for future reviews as my fast braces are now complete.

Can you please post a link from my last braces entry to my invisalign post? I am going back to invisalign so my fast braces post is done.

After Fast Braces Results

These photos are of my teeth as of 4/10/14. I got my bottom braces off yesterday. Happy with bottom but need to finish top with Invisalign. See that posting for updates.

I read your update.  At least your teeth really do look awesome now.  And they'll continue to look awesome when you're back in Invisalign.  It's good that you're following your heart--you don't want to look back and wonder whether you should have tried just one more time.  But pulling teeth outward toward the lingual side is one of the hardest things for Invisalign to do.  I look forward to seeing how it goes!
You got it! :D

Ankylosed tooh or another Fiberotomy?

The community manager TwoPlusOne brought ankylosed to my attention. I'm going to ask my dentist about that when I go in on 5/21. That's when I should have my new trays in for the refinement.

When i was in h.s. and was having problems with that same tooth, my ortho told me to get a fiberotomy.

"A fiberotomy or pericision is an orthodontic surgical procedure designed to sever the gingival fibers around a tooth. It usually reduces the tendency to relapse of tooth rotations corrected by dental braces or other treatments. The most frequently encountered post-orthodontic problem is the retention of re-established tooth position. Relapse (drifting of the tooth back to its position prior to orthodontic correction) may occur anywhere, but it is often associated with teeth that have undergone rotation (twisting) as part of the orthodontic therapy."

"A fiberotomy involves the detachment of the fibers that attach the tooth to the bone via the gum. The fibers act much like twisted rubber bands and releasing the tension between the fibers and the tooth reduces the forces that attempt to pull the tooth back to its original position. It is performed near the completion of the orthodontics and is shown to be effective in preventing the relapse of teeth. To perform this procedure, the area around the tooth is numbed and simple cuts are made along the gum to sever the fibers; this procedure is painless as long as the patient takes an analgesic after the numbing has worn off."

I had this done in h.s. and years later, the tooth is back! It didn't stay in that position very long. I will ask them about that again as well as ankylosed.

Back to Invisalign After Trying Fast Braces

I'm not sure if my dentist pre-maturely took off my fast braces or if fast braces couldn't help anymore. Whatever the case may be, my four front teeth aren't still where they need to be to be flush and straight with each other. I feel like I have slightly bucked teeth or a bugs bunny look cause the two front are forward and the two next to the front are back. This is what I'm hoping to fix by going back to Invisalign. If it doesn't go back the way I'd like, I'm probably just going to let good enough alone.

This is the posting you can link to my bonding review.

Please see my bonding review for more information

If you are interested in reading more about the dental bonding I had done after my fast braces treatment, please check out that review. Thanks!

I've replied a few times, but it hasn't gone through. Hopefully this one will. You should have gone to an orthodontist instead of a general dentist trying Invisalign and fast braces
I know that but its too late. I already went to my dentist who I trust 3 years ago. I put in too much time and $ to go to an orthodontist now. Plus my dentist has done many things for me for free. I'm loyal.
Done!  Thanks! :)
Dr. Nguyen

I met Dr. Nguyen originally in January to discuss changing from Invisalign (which is also done in his office by Dr. Bruni) to Fast Braces (which Dr. Nguyen performs). Dr. Nguyen examined my teeth, took an x-ray and had an impression done so he could study my teeth before my 2/3 appointment where I would get the Fast Braces placed on my teeth. Dr. Nguyen has a great personality. He is bubbly and funny and had a nice smile. He himself had braces on for I believe 5 years total. I am looking forward to getting my teeth fixed by Dr. Nguyen.