41 Yo with Marionette Lines 1st Time Using Fillers - Danville, CA

I have noticed the formation of marionette lines...

I have noticed the formation of marionette lines over the last few years and decided to do something about them.  I am 41 and after looking at family pictures I see everyone on my paternal side has them too.  Yay me.

Went to a local medispa/plastic surgeons office that had a local office, but for the first visit I went to their main office in Blackhawk.  They went over products, application, prep, recovery, quantity (she estimated 2) & cost.  It is a little pricy but I left knowing I wanted to do it and scheduled and appt.
I arrived 45 minutes early but they took me right back and put the numbing cream on. When I went in the room we once again went over what I wanted (they never pushed me to do more areas on me at all).  She decided on Prelane.

It took about 20 minutes and wasn't terrible.  She really took her time and had my turn my head in different directions to make sure.  Good news... I only needed one needle, I had some left over!  She looked around and touched up one spot then all done!

It's been about 6 hours and I am still a little red from the topical creams and of course injection site.  She said I will have a little swelling but should not have too much bruising due to not really bleeding during injections.  I guess I will see tomorrow.  Right now I am icing about 15 seconds each side about 4x per hour.  She said not to do too much.

So far I can see the correction made and it is exactly what I was hoping for.  Will post updated photos again in a few days.

24 hours in

No bruising! Just swollen. One side was a little deeper then the other so a little more swollen on one side. Had soreness last night and a little throbbing but tolerable. I slept great and she said I did not have to sleep on my back. Can't wait to see how it looks when the swelling goes down more. I noted it corrected a little bit of my nasal folds and plumped up my bottom lip too. Think its just because corners arent pulled down anymore.

day 3

I think all the swelling is down. I can see the lines a little bit so I may do a touch up in a few weeks. I have no bumps or lumps and only one needle sized bruise. This is me day 3, with makeup.

Day 4

Last post for now. Day 4 and I am sure this is the final look. It was such a breeze for a look I love. I know I will do it again. This is a splut shot of me 1 week before, & 4 days after, bith with makeup. I am so happy. This was exactly what I wanted. PS my price I posted above was a promo price. I am not sure how much it costs normally nor how much they injected. I am actually going to call and find out as I want to keep a record of injections. Next time I want to do some of the nasal fold folds too. Even though they look better too and I did nothing to them. I am guessing since we focused on the downturn of the mouth, it must have been pulling that area too. But for now I am delighted.

Still am thrilled.

Almost a month later and still looks great. I can feel the injectable only on the inside of my mouth (not outside though). Rarely think about it now. Can't wait to see how long it lasts. My 42nd bday is next month and a Wedding next month for my sister that I am in. Happy the pictures will look nice.

Almost 2 months

Well, still looks good but definitely feel the filler area changing and disolving. Next time I will get a fill then go back within a month. My right side was developing a permanent wrinkle and I will be darned if I have wrinkles on my chin before I even get crows feet! Will probably go back next month, then maybe touch up in Oct and do a little around my nasal fold area. Just a little. Still thrilled!
Pamela Branchini, RN BSN

She was courteous and very gentle.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, glad things are going well! Look forward to your updates.