Nerves in Thighs Painful Tingling - Birmingham, UK

I am pleased with my tummy tuck but would like to...

I am pleased with my tummy tuck but would like to share my experience with you.

All went well and by day 8 I was feeling fine when suddenly terrible pain started in both of my thighs, it was agony and I could not bare to touch them. It is really disappointing and a real set back as I couldn't even walk a few steps without being in total agony. I saw my surgeon who said it was quite common, but the nurse said she had only seen 6 women in 6 years with this complaint.

My surgeon gave me capsaicin cream and suggested ibuprofen. Reading online made me very worried, I could not find many people who had experienced this but people who did said it can last for years, however, after 3 days the pain went. I personally didn't really like the cream, it stings a lot but the ibuprofen helped. If you do experience these symptoms they will go, I didn't think so at the time, but read one article that said if you can feel them that's a good thing as they are healing.

It has put me back about a week as I have ended up having 3 weeks off work. Still a little swollen but I can see the results will be amazing.

Research your surgeon well so that you feel confident with them and the hospital you are going into.