What a Journey! - Birmingham, UK

I had a rhinoseptoplasty in July. I had a huge...

I had a rhinoseptoplasty in July. I had a huge dorsal hump, hanging columella and a bulbous tip. It was something that had bothered me for 20 years! My septum is now straight, the dorsal hump removed and the tip much less round. The hanging columlla is less prominent but I have already discussed with my surgeon a revision for this as I don't want any columella show. My tip is slightly upturned and everyone thinks the columella looks normal but I don't want to see it at all! I'm glad I did it as my face has improved.

I didn't suffer any pain, the only pain I really felt was the almighty headache experienced 2 hours after the cast was removed but this subsided with pain killers soon after. The hardest part for me was when the cast was removed, it was hard psychologically, really coming to terms with the fact that it was all about improvemnt and not perfection. No-one noticed that I had had nose surgery and that bothered me. I was expecting people to notice my new nose! It doesn't work like that, people see your face as a whole and sense something different but can't put their finger on it! Although I know my surgeon did a splendid job, especially with symmetry and refinement, I still find that I have a schizophrenic approach to the results, I mean sometimes I think it looks great and other days I'm revising it in my head. For weeks and even now I can't see past my own nose metaphorically speaking! It really is a journey of emotions and obsessive analysis of the nose! Every mirror in the house has been over used and seems to project a different image of me! I never used to do that before the surgery. It really was worth it though, I don't feel that my nose is looked at anymore and definately feel that it has brought out my big eyes!

Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jason Rockey was professional, kind, reassuring, experienced ent and facial surgeon, answered my calls, explained everything and answered all questions. His skill was evident from the symmetry and refinement, very little bruising suggested to me that he was careful and kind when he broke my nose! My overnight stay in hospital was peaceful and I was well looked after!