Sculptra for Nasolabial Folds and Marionette Lines - Birmingham, MI

I had one session. The physician used two vials. I...

I had one session. The physician used two vials. I was initially a little shocked by the amount of swelling. My face and chin looked like "fabio" and not in a good way for about 3-4 days. Afterwards, the results were pretty immediate. I look like I did 20 years ago, maybe better.

I am turning 40 this year. I am really astounded by the positive attention I am getting from 20 something males. Really, I didn't think I looked that bad before, but I must have been really showing my age. I would not have anymore sessions, like it is recommended at this point. If the results are so good now, only 3 weeks after, I don't want to over-do it.

Yes, please keep us updated on your results after three months and what exactly you have done. Before and after pictures are a must and if you can't do it, insist on the doctor taking photos as i would think they would want this for their records. My doctor is recommending this but i've been getting pretty good results with Refirm after three tx over three month period. Will also share photos after one more treatment.

Hi Zetta,

Thanks for the Sculptra review. A little extra attention is always a nice thing. I'm glad you were able to have this done and are happy about it. You mentioned you were not going to get this done again. Does that mean when it wears off you will not have it done or you are not adding more in the next three weeks like your doctor suggested? Please keep us updated and if you are comfortable sharing pictures we would love to see them.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt,
I should have been a little clearer. I am so happy with the immediate results, so being that it it my first experience with Sculptra, I won't add anymore until I see what happens at the full effect in 3 months. I guess that I figured if I have immediate volume, will my face be too full in 3 months? The doctor's assistant instruced me to make an appointment for more injections in 4-6 weeks. I will not be doing that though. Depending on the outcome, which I'm sure will be very good, I will definitely do it again. Only this time, I will plan to take at least 5 days off of work, so I won't have to torture those I work with, who have to look at me in the swollen phase. Also, I am really bad about taking pictures of myself, but I'll try to come up with some before and afters.
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. H is a skillful clinician. I have seen her in the past for Juvaderm with wonderful results as well. I trusted her judgement on the recommendation for sculptra and I couldn't be happier.